- A course that offered in the spring or fall and includes an overseas field trip.
- Length of field trip is approximately 10 days.
- Costs are generally between $1,800 and $2,500.
- Faculty members who teach the course lead the field trip.
- GPA is not a criterion.
- Available to students of all semester standings.
- College and University scholarships are available.
- Range in time from 3 weeks to 9 weeks.
- Some are led and taught by Penn State faculty; others are courses taught in English at foreign institutions.
- Credits range from 3 to 9, depending on the program.
- Available courses vary by program.
- Total cost, including tuition, can range from $5,000 to $10,000.
- College and University scholarships are available. Other scholarships may be available, depending on program, location, and length of time abroad.
- Minimum GPA is 2.5.
- Most programs are open to students of all semester standings.
- Most, but not all programs, charge only in-state tuition, even if you are an out-of-state student.
Semester or Year
- Most programs are designed for fifth semester or higher students, but a few programs are available to sophomores.
- Some programs have unpaid internship options.
- Programs can be more or less expensive, depending on whether a student pays in-state or out-of-state tuition.
- Minimum GPA is 2.5, but there are fewer programs available. A 3.0 GPA will ensure access to nearly all but a few honors programs.
- Choose from supporting courses for your major, courses for a minor, courses to complete general education requirements, enhance your application for a graduate program, or continue language study.
- A semester abroad is also excellent experience if you’re planning to apply for a Fulbright or other prestigious fellowship.
- Programs in non-English-speaking countries offer language courses and courses in the major delivered in English.
- College and University scholarships are available. Other scholarships may be available, depending on program and location.
- Total costs can range from $17,000 to $26,000 for a semester.