All Learning Resource Center tutoring services will end this Friday, April 28, at 5:00 p.m. The drop-in centers will be closed during finals week, and TutorTrac will not be available to make any appointments after the end of classes on Friday.
Last year, tutors provided more than 6,900 tutoring sessions to their peers. The Learning Resource Center offers tutoring in almost any subject. Services are free of charge, and sessions are available both by appointment and during drop-in hours, depending on the subject.
To schedule an individual tutoring appointment, use our online scheduling program, TutorTrac.
If you cannot find a tutor listed for your subject, please email us at email@example.com.
- Math: Primarily for courses through Calculus II, but depending on their backgrounds, tutors can help with physics and higher-level math courses.
- Writing: Tutors give editorial feedback on writing assignments for any course, including argument, whether assignment criteria have been met, style issues, grammar, etc. Appointments are preferred, although drop-in hours are available.
- Engineering: Primarily for first and second year courses (including math and physics), but depending on their backgrounds, tutors can help with higher-level courses.
- Business: Tutoring services are focused on economics and accounting; however, depending on the tutor, assistance for finance, supply chain management, and marketing may be possible.
- Other Subjects: Schedule an appointment with a tutor through TutorTrac, email your name and course title/number (e.g. ECON 102) to BDtutor@psu.edu, or call 898-6140.
- Learning Strategies: Contact the LRC to arrange an appointment to learn more about effective strategies for success in your courses.
Interested in becoming a tutor? Find out how!