Penn State Behrend offers on-site testing for:
- students in World Campus courses taking proctored exams
- students from any university taking a proctored exam
Testing Center Hours:
You may schedule an exam during the Community and Workforce Programs office hours, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. The exam must be completed by 5:00 p.m. and the exam will be scheduled based on the exam allotment time. Please arrive 10 minutes before your exam.
The Testing Center is located in room 210 of the Jack Burke Research and Economic Development Center (Burke), at 5101 Jordan Road, Erie, PA 16563. View directions to the building online.
If you need additional help with directions, please contact us.
If you have questions or would like to schedule an exam, contact us at 814-898-6103 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-test Checklist for Taking Exams:
Be prepared to take an exam at the Testing Center by following these steps:
Penn State World Campus exams:
- Review Penn State's policy on academic integrity, as the Testing Center is committed to upholding this policy.
- Find out the exam format, time allotted for the exam, special materials you may need to bring to the exam, and other useful exam information in ANGEL.
- Please contact us in advance if you require reasonable accommodations.
Exams from other universities:
- Please remember to request your exam from your instructor or institution at least two weeks prior to your desired testing time.
- If your exam is arriving from another university, please call a day before your scheduled time to confirm that your exam has arrived.
- There is a $35.00 fee for each exam being proctored.
For all Exams:
- No personal belongings are permitted in the testing room.
- The Testing Center does not supply headphones or other equipment for listening to audible portions of exams. If your exam requires listening to recordings of any kind (e.g., recordings of spoken words for a language exam), you will need to bring your own headphones.
- You will need to present a photo ID to the proctor at the time of your exam.
- Plan to arrive 10 minutes early for your exam to allow time for checking in.
Scheduling a World Campus Exam
To schedule a Penn State World Campus exam with us, please either select a proctor or exam center by using our proctored exam portal. Once the exam center is selected contact your proctor to schedule a date and time. Your syllabus will specify when you will need to take your exam.
If you have circumstances that require academic adjustments (e.g., extended time on exams and quizzes in a separate location), please contact a test administrator to discuss your needs at least two weeks in advance of your proposed test date. We will work with you to plan your testing session.
Penn State students must be registered with the Office for Disability Services to receive reasonable accommodations and are required to bring the Academic Adjustments Memo along to the Testing Center on the day of the exam.