The Black School of Business offers an interdisciplinary Financial Services Sales Certificate (FNSRSL).
The Financial Services Sales Certificate is designed to prepare both current and returning students for a career in a sales position in the financial services industry. The certificate recognizes the need for a baseline knowledge in financial planning and various financial products, but also the importance of personal marketing and communication skills necessary to be successful within the industry. This certificate program requires a total of 15 credit hours and can be completed concurrently with a Penn State Behrend degree or via continuing education.
Requirements (15 credits)
Required courses: 9 credit hours
- CAS 252 Business and Professional Communications - 3 credits
- FIN 330 Personal Financial Planning - 3 credits
- MKTG 410 Personal Selling - 3 credits
Choose one of the following two courses:
- CAS 203 Interpersonal Communication - 3 credits
- PSYCH 243 Introduction to Well-being and Positive Psychology - 3 credits
Choose one of the following courses:
- ECON 351 Money and Banking - 3 credits
- FIN 409 Principles of Real Estate - 3 credits
- FIN 420 Investments - 3 credits
- FIN 450 Retirement Planning - 3 credits
Visit the Registrar's website to download the certificate application.
Dr. Greg Filbeck, Professor of Finance
Penn State Behrend Black School of Business
5101 Jordan Road
Erie, PA 16563