MINOR IN OPERATIONS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
This minor is designed primarily for students enrolled in non-business majors, especially those in engineering and engineering technology and in science, who wish to augment their majors with further studies in operations. The objective of the minor is to acquaint these students with the issues and methods associated with managing operations within manufacturing or service industries. Relevant studies include principles of management, operations management, logistics systems, procurement, planning and control, enterprise resource planning (ERP), and project management.
- NOTE: Courses SCM 445, SCM 460, and SCM 465 fulfill requirements for the SAP certificate.
A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minor.
Requirements (6 credits)
- MGMT 301 (3) - Behavioral Concepts for Management
- SCM 301 (3) - Introduction to Operations Management
- SCM 200 (4) Introduction to Statistics for Business or STAT 200 (4) Elementary Statistics
Select 9 credits from the following list:
- MGMT 409 (3) Project Management for Engineers
- SCM 445 (3) Operations Planning and Control
- SCM 455 (3) Logistics Systems Analysis and Design
- SCM 460 (3) Purchasing & Materials Management
- SCM 465 (3) Electronic Business Management
Advising and Course Selection
The operations and supply chain management minor offers several choices in the elective courses. You are encouraged to meet with the operations and supply chain management minor advisor to select the courses that most closely support your career aspirations.
Declaring an Operations & Supply Chain Management Minor
If you have interest in the Operations and Supply Chain Management Minor, you must first contact the in-charge person for the minor, Dr. Diane Parente. To declare a minor in Technical Sales, you must go to eLion (https://elion.psu.edu), click on “Minor Declaration,” and complete the information requested.