Academic Eligibility Requirements
For admission to the Graduate School of Penn State, an applicant must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. This degree must be from an officially recognized degree-granting institution in the country in which it operates.
Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in business and the course-work should be substantially similar to the Penn State Behrend undergraduate degree in business. If the degree is in business but not in accounting then applicants should have the following courses or their equivalents completed – ACCTG 211, Financial and Managerial Accounting; ACCTG 310, Federal Taxation; ACCTG 340, Cost Accounting; ACCTG 371, Intermediate Accounting I; ACCTG 403, Auditing; and ACCTG 472 Intermediate Accounting II – with a B or better in every course. Applicants should have a minimum 2.8 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the junior and senior years and 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the accounting courses.
All applicants must have taken the prerequisite courses or equivalent, prior to starting the program. For a listing of the pre-requisite courses, visit www.behrend.psu.edu/mpacc. Questions about prerequisites and grades in your undergraduate coursework should be directed to Dr. Ashutosh Deshmukh. Unofficial transcripts should be sent to him at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him at 814.898.6438.
MPAcc Application Information
Admission to the MPAcc program is granted jointly by The Graduate School of Penn State University and Penn State Behrend’s Black School of Business.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
New students will begin the program only in a fall semester.
For Fall 2017 admission, domestic applications are being processed now through June 19, 2017.
MPAcc Admission Requirements
- Submit Penn State’s Graduate School Online Application and Application Fee.
If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT yet reviewed the Requirements for Graduate Admission, please do so.
If you have read both the Graduate School requirements and the Black School of Business MPA requirements (below) and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application.
Note that once you submit your application, you can still access it to upload documents.
Skip questions that don't apply such as Jr./Sr. GPA, GMAT/GRE scores, etc.
- Upload a Statement of Intent. The statement should address the following questions and should be a page in length. Once completed, upload it as a pdf. to the application.
- Why have you chosen to pursue the Penn State Behrend MPAcc degree?
- How will these studies help you achieve your personal and professional goals?
- Indicate your current or most recent work experience.
- Upload a copy of the official transcript to the application.
- Transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Do not upload advising or unofficial transcripts.
- Penn State alumni do not need to request transcripts for credits earned at Penn State, but must list Penn State as part of your academic history.
- Upload a copy of an official transcript from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed. Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Upon admission and your acceptance of admission, you will be asked to send an additional official (sealed) transcript. You will receive instructions at that time, directly from the Graduate School.
4. Individuals with international credentials, click here for additional requirements.