- Nine bachelor's degrees, three master's degrees, one associate degree, eight minors, and five certificate programs
- Supported by a $20 million gift from the late insurance executive Samuel P. Black, Jr. and his wife, Irene
- Average junior/senior level class size: 30
Hallmarks and Distinctions
- Programs are accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the premier accrediting agency for schools of business. Only 5 percent of colleges and universities worldwide have obtained this designation, including world-class business schools like Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, and Yale.
- The school is listed in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Business Schools and the Princeton Review’s Best 300 Business Schools. In the Princeton Review report, students surveyed cited Penn State Behrend's MBA program as "the best value for a working student in the local area," and said that Penn State Behrend enjoys "an outstanding reputation" and is "the best school, academically, for the region."
- The Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies degree is offered jointly with the School of Engineering, and is one of the first and only of its kind in the country.
- The Black School of Business is the first school in the country to offer education and certification for both Oracle and SAP software systems.
We educate and empower minds to learn by doing, adapting, and reinventing business – the right way.
Thinking across boundaries . Learning by doing . Innovating through collaboration
The Black School of Business will be a leader in creating an innovative academic learning environment by building and leveraging partnerships among students, faculty, disciplines, and industry to turn tomorrow’s business challenges into opportunities.