3+4 Accelerated Program in Dentistry
Phase I - Penn State Behrend
Students will be admitted, on a competitive basis, to the Penn State Behrend phase of the program based upon the following minimum criteria:
- SAT combined math and verbal score of 1200
- High school GPA of 3.5 and high school rank in top 25% of class
- Additional evidence of scholarly and professional potential and desire to become a dentist
- Preference given to Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, and southwestern New York residents from rural areas, but highly qualified applicants from other geographic locations will also be considered
1. To begin the application process, apply to Penn State University. Please indicate Penn State Erie as your first choice for Campus Location and Biology as your choice of major.
Applying for the Accelerated Program is a separate application, as this Accelerated program is only offered at the Erie campus.
Accelerated Program applications are due no later than January 15, 2017 for the Fall 2017 academic year.
2. Next, apply for Phase I of the 3 + 4 Accelerated Program in Dentistry by completing this Application Form.
3. Acceptance to Phase I of the program is determined by Penn State Behrend Pre-Health committee members. You will be notified upon completion of this process.
If you have any questions, you may contact:
Dr, Beth Potter, Dentistry Pre-Health Adviser, or Dr. Michael Campbell, Coordinator of Pre-Health Advising, email@example.com or phone 814-898-6105.
Since admission to Phase I is granted on a competitive basis and there are limited number of openings, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible. Admission to Phase I grants the successful applicant conditional acceptance into Phase II. Acceptance into Phase II is based on the conditions outlined herein and is administered by Temple.
Phase II - Temple University
Final acceptance of candidates to Phase II of the program will be determined by Temple University. Students must apply through the American Association of Dental Science Application Services (AADSAS) to Temple during the fall of their third year. Letters of recommendation and supporting documentation must be submitted for Temple review by the first day of January.
To gain acceptance, students must successfully have completed the specific course work at Penn State Behrend. The minimal overall grade point average at Penn State Behrend must be a 3.3 (A=4.0) in science courses and overall. The Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores must be taken no later than October of the third year and earn a minimum score of 18 total science and 17 academic average.
An automatic invitation for a formal interview will be granted if the student meets the criteria detailed above.