There are three types of emergency phones on campus:
- Emergency phones with blue lights
- Call box emergency phones
- Residence hall/courtesy phones
All emergency telephones, when activated, are in direct contact with Police Services and should be used to report a criminal incidence, fire, illness, suspicious person, or any other type of emergency.
In addition, local pay phones can be used to reach emergency services by dialing 911; no coin is needed.
Use of Emergency Phones
To use any of the emergency phones, push the Red button labeled "EMERGENCY" and you will be connected to an emergency dispatcher.
Emergency Phones with Blue Lights
There are 47 emergency telephones near parking lots and walkways on campus. They are easily identifiable due to their height and blue lights.
- Almy Hall - north sidewalk; south sidewalk
- Behrend Athletic Fields - near steel bridge; Bayfront Highway bridge
- Ohio Hall Parking Lot - east end; west end
- Ohio Hall /Behrend Science Walkway
- Erie Hall Parking Lot - west sidewalk; tennis court
- Junker Center - north walkway
- Junker Center Parking Lot
- Smith Chapel Walkway
- Apartment Lot South
Call Box Emergency Phones
There are call box emergency phones located inside of two buildings.
- Erie Hall - ground floor north entrance; first floor at elevator
- Junker Center - northeast hallway outside weight room; northwest hallway outside weight room
Residence Hall Emergency/Courtesy Phones
There are also emergency telephones at the main entrances of all residence halls and they vary in appearance. These phones also function as a normal telephone when someone is to be admitted into a building by an escort.
- Almy - lower north entrance and upper south entrances
- Lawrence - northeast, northwest, and south entrances
- Niagara - northeast, northwest, and south entrances
- Ohio - ground floor and second floor entrances
- Perry - northeast, northwest, and south entrances
- Porcupine - north entrance
- Senat - northeast and northwest entrances, 1st floor east entrance, and ground floor south entrance
- Tiffany - east entrance
- Tigress - east entrance