PENN STATE MISSION
Penn State is a multicampus public research university that educates students from Pennsylvania, the nation and the world, and improves the well being and health of individuals and communities through integrated programs of teaching, research, and service.
Our instructional mission includes undergraduate, graduate, professional, and continuing education offered through both resident instruction and online delivery. Our educational programs are enriched by the cutting edge knowledge, diversity, and creativity of our faculty, students, and staff.
Our research, scholarship, and creative activity promote human and economic development, global understanding, and progress in professional practice through the expansion of knowledge and its applications in the natural and applied sciences, social sciences, arts, humanities, and the professions.
As Pennsylvania's land-grant university, we provide unparalleled access and public service to support the citizens of the Commonwealth. We engage in collaborative activities with industrial, educational, and agricultural partners here and abroad to generate, disseminate, integrate, and apply knowledge that is valuable to society.
PENN STATE VALUES
- INTEGRITY: We act with integrity and honesty in accordance with the highest academic, professional, and ethical standards.
- RESPECT: We respect and honor the dignity of each person, embrace civil discourse, and foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- RESPONSIBILITY: We act responsibly, and we are accountable for our decisions, actions, and their consequences.
- DISCOVERY: We seek and create new knowledge and understanding, and foster creativity and innovation, for the benefit of our communities, society, and the environment.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence in all our endeavors as individuals, an institution, and a leader in higher education.
- COMMUNITY: We work together for the betterment of our University, the communities we serve, and the world.
LEARNING ORGANIZATION: We seek to learn from others, share best practices, and continuously improve our processes and performance.*
* Penn State Behrend addition to Values
Visit Penn State Values for additional information and examples.