This four-week online course in the Fundamentals of Business Analytics aims to introduce quantitative analytical methods to analyze data and make informed decisions. With the exponential growth of data, the power and understanding of data and business analytics become vital in achieving success and competitive advantage. This course will equip you with the needed hands-on tools and knowledge to analyze business data, make informed decision and recommendations, and be able to present your findings. Key topics covered in this course are: data collection and visualization, descriptive statistics, basic probability, inferential statistics, single variable linear regression, and multiple regression.
After finishing this course, you will be able to:
- Define data types, and describe and summarize data using descriptive statistics and visualization techniques
- Use inferential statistics tools, i.e., hypothesis testing and confidence intervals
- Perform regression analysis
- Use Excel to analyze data
- Make data-driven decisions
Course Instructor: Omar Ashour, Ph.D.
Week 1: Data Analysis
- Welcome and about the course
- Learning objectives
- Sources and types of data
- Data visualization
- Descriptive statistics
- Basic probability concepts
Week 2: Sampling and Estimation
- Statistical sampling
- Random sampling from probability distributions
- Confidence intervals and sample size
Week 3: Inferential Statistics
- Basic concepts of hypothesis testing
- One-sample hypothesis testing
- Two-sample hypothesis testing
Week 4: Single and Multiple Regression
- Simple linear regression
- Multiple linear regression
- Business applications
- 4–6 hours per week
- Prerequisites: Some knowledge in Excel or spreadsheet software
Professionals who are interested in applying analytical tools and analyzing business data to inform their decisions and improve their companies’ performance.
The course introduces data analytics for all industry and business professionals, including individuals with no prior exposure to analytics. In this course, you will learn tools and methods to analyze, visualize, and interpret data. The insights that you gain from analyzing data can be used to make informed decisions in many business areas such as human resources, marketing, operations, finance, etc. The course will help you develop the needed analytics mindset and data literacy to investigate the performance of a business, evaluate multiple alternatives, and make better decisions to achieve a competitive advantage.
For more information, please contact Carleen Orlando at [email protected].