Earn your OSHA Card!
To maintain a healthy and safe work environment, OSHA recommends employees in various industries participate in workplace safety training. Penn State Behrend’s OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training course will address specific regulations as they apply to the General Industry and help you meet your workplace training requirements.
The OSHA 10 course was designed to familiarize workers with OSHA standards as well as safety and health hazards common to the workplace. The goal is to educate workers on identifying, avoiding, controlling, and preventing jobsite hazards.
Course Dates: TBD
Instructor: Joy Armbruster
Location: 236 Burke
Offered to Penn State Behrend Students: Enrollment and completion of OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training will help educate workers to predict, prevent, identify, and stop possible common worksite hazards.
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Hazard Protection
- Fixed and Portable Ladder Safety
- Fire Prevention, Protection, and Emergency Egress Safety
- Dangers of Electrical Hazards
- Using and Choosing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Causes and Prevention of MSD and RMD Injuries
- Workers' Rights to Know the Chemical Makeup of Materials Found in Their Workplace
- Difference Between Chronic and Acute Health Ailments
- Hazards of Spray Finishing, Dipping/Coating, Combustible Liquids, and Compressed Gases
- Dangers of Unguarded Equipment
For more information, please contact Carleen Orlando at [email protected].