Penn State Behrend's Commission for Women has created an award to recognize those who embody, encourage, and promote the inclusion of women at Behrend. This award is bestowed upon an individual who has been significantly engaged with the college, and who has made a meaningful contribution to society in their professional life. Nominations are open to all candidates regardless of gender.
The Women of Impact Award includes a lunchtime presentation and award ceremony, which highlights the achievements of women at Behrend as well as the accomplishments of the awardee. The event also includes opportunities for the awardee to meet with students, faculty, staff, and community. The Commission for Women will work closely to provide ample opportunities for the awardee to mentor current students.
Nominations and Deadline
Nominations are not being accepted at this time.
Previous winners of this award are listed below:
- 2017-18: Margie Taylor, retired director of development
- 2015-16: Ethel Kochel, former Behrend "First Lady"
- 2014-15: Lea O'Connell, alum and owner of Ye Ole Sweet Shoppe
- 2013-14: Mary Ellen Bayuk, registrar
- 2012-13: Danielle Duchini, oncologist