Where We are Today
Technology has been installed or improved across campus for your audio/visual needs. In addition, we have solutions for:
Whiteboard or Note Taking
- Wacom Drawing Tablets (8" x 11")
- Touch Screen Monitors (24") - Used to supplement white board interactions.
- HD Huddle Cameras with Tripods - These can be set up in classrooms to capture whiteboards.
- Lapel Microphones - These will be staged in the most used classrooms for mixed mode learning. Also, we will have a few microphones that are available on loan for home use on a first come, first serve basis.
Request for Technology Aids
We have an inventory of technology aids to help support in-person or remote teaching. If there is something that you need, please complete a request.
Faculty may also request loaner iPads from University Park via the Keep Learning web site.
Search for Classroom Technology
Check out our Classroom Technology site --- it allows you to search by room to see what technology is available in that space.
Updates to Classrooms
Check out these classroom and let us know if you have any questions.
- Burke 201, 204: Ceiling microphone arrays, dual PTZ cameras, and new podium controls
- Burke 202, 203, 205, 206,207, 208: New projectors and podium controls
- McGarvy Commons: Triple projectors, tripod mounted PTZ camera, and newer podium controls
- OBS 101: New dual projectors, ceiling microphone arrays, dual PTZ cameras and new podium controls
- OBS 113/114, Nick 76, Nick 156, Witkowski 109, Benson 76, Benson 172, Library 201, Kochel 57, Kochel 77: New projectors
- OBS 117, 120: Ceiling microphone arrays, dual PTZ cameras, dual short throw smart projectors, and new podium controls
- Witkowski 110: New short throw smart board projector
IT Open Chat
Join us for our weekly IT sessions to get answers about your office, home, and classroom technology questions or needs.
The sessions, held via Zoom (https://psu.zoom.us/j/8142174357), run each Thursday throughout the semester from 11:00 am to noon.
Penn state will be offering remote access to Behrend’s course software via WebLabs, A link to WebLabs is provided on our Cloud Services web site.
The one-stop web site for Behrend lab and podium software is located at our Software Search web site. Faculty can request software and students can search where software is installed. The site also lists software not available for remote students.
Exterior Wi-Fi is now available... Use your laptop or cell phone from your vehicle while parked outside of the Nick building, on the top floor of the Burke Parking Deck, or on the Reed lawn. (Also, you can find these locations on the campus map of COVID Resources.)