Archived - This information is for archival purposes. As a result, information and links may no longer be valid.
Need to know
- Dial "8" to get an outside line
- Fax machines need to dial "8" in order to get out.
- If locked out of voicemail, login to the VOIP Self-Service Portal.
- See Change the Voicemail PIN instructions
- Submit an IT Ticket.
- Please include the MAC of your phone by pressing the Settings button → BD_Phone_Support.
Set Up Voicemail for the First Time
- Dial 8-898-7100. It will ask you to enter your ID followed by #. The user ID is your 11-digit phone extension.
- It will then prompt for the PIN. The default PIN is 12345. Follow the prompts to set a new PIN code and configure the greeting.
- Once the voicemail is set up, you can hang up and dial the greeting administrator (8-898-7100) again to start managing other greetings.
NOTE: You must be on the Penn State Network in order to access voicemail and settings from off campus. You have to setup a Virtual Private Network (VPN) on your home computer.
- Navigate to https://my.voip.psu.edu.
- Click on the Voice Mail link (located in the middle of the page).
- Click on the Settings tab.
- From the menu, click on Passwords > Change PIN.
- In the New PIN box, type your new PIN.
- In the Confirm New PIN box, type your new password again.
- Click the Save button.
Forward a Call to Another Extension
- Press the Forward All or Fwd All soft key on your desk phone display.
- Enter the extension or the phone number (with the leading 8 + 1) to which you would like to forward your calls.
(You can also press the Voicemail button to forward your calls directly to your voicemail. This is helpful if you will be away from your office for an extended time period.)
- To revert calls back to your phone, press the Forward Off or Fwd Off soft key on your desk phone display.
You can also administrate the call forwarding option of your own extension via the VOIP Self-Service Portal.