On the Cover
Lacey Murdock, left, and Christian Quiñones have been working as resident assistants at Penn State Behrend for three years. Both say it’s been a rewarding and educational experience on several levels. Murdock, who is in Perry Hall, and Quiñones, who is in Niagara Hall, say they prefer first-year residence halls.
“I think I’m able to really make a difference in their lives,” Murdock said. “Older students are more independent and don’t need as much help.”
Quiñones echoed Murdock’s sentiments.
“It’s the most important year,” he said. “They have so much to learn about college and life, and I want to be sure they learn it right from the very beginning. It’s like teaching a person a second language, it’s just easier to do when they are young. I want to be effective.”
Read more about Murdock, Quiñones, and the vital role that RAs play in supporting students and fostering a sense of community.
From this Issue
- Chancellor's Message
- Innovative lab opened
- New residence hall to be built
- Black School of Business provides data, analysis to Erie Vital Signs project
- Future doctors take first stitches
- Building a better microscope
- Engineering programs reaccredited
- Women in Engineering celebrates 10 years
- Master’s in Applied Clinical Psychology added
- Getting to know the new Chancellor
- Student entrepreneurs manage classes and companies
- X-Culture project tests students in global virtual world
- Building a global campus
- Mary Behrend memorial dedicated
- The science of creativity
- The RA Link
- Behrend grads find careers in craft beer
- World Series bat flip remains source of pride for Behrend alumnus
- Athletic highlights from the fall 2015 season
- News of Note
Vol. 33 No.1 Penn State Behrend Magazine is published twice a year and provided free to alumni and friends of Penn State Behrend by the Office of Strategic Communications. Executive Editor: William Gonda, [email protected]. Editor: Heather Cass, [email protected]. Contributors: Robb Frederick ‘92, Steve Orbanek, Christine Palattella. Photos: Rob Frank ‘06, Matt Kleck. Change of address/Unsubscribe: Development and Alumni Relations at 814-898-6159 or [email protected]. Correspondence: Behrend Magazine, 207 Glenhill Farmhouse, 4701 College Drive, Erie, PA 16563-1902. Phone 814-898-6419. Copyright ©2016 Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. This publication is available in alternative media on request.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. U.Ed. EBO 16-231.