On the Cover
Penn State Behrend conferred nearly 600 degrees at May commencement held at Erie Insurance Arena in downtown Erie. On the cover, Political Science graduate Juan Camilo Niño poses with his family, and the Behrend Lion, who was on hand at the event for photos and high-fives. Niño is currently working for the Democratic Party as a campaign leader in Reading, Pennsylvania. In the photo with Niño are, from left, his sister Silvia Maria Niño, niece Chloe Bernasconi, nephew Loic Bernasconi, and sister Adriana Niño. See more pictures from commencement on the college’s Facebook page.
From this Issue
- Chancellor's Message
- Former president campaigns at Behrend
- Supermileage team achieves really super mileage!
- Stay informed: Sign up for PSU Alerts
- More highlights
- Students Win “Investment Olympics”
- Behrend Choirs Perform with Barry Manilow
- Meet Dr. Mary Kahl
- 60,000 Square Feet of Opportunity: Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Center Now Open
- Alumni Overcome Adversity to Find Success
- New Major Speaks to Digital Natives
- As Seen on TV? Not Quite: Alumnus shares what it’s really like to be a forensic scientist
- Penn State Behrend Students Visit Cuba
- Slaying Stereotypes
- Program Earns Sea Grant College Status for Penn State
- $662,000 Microscope Installed
- Lions give back: Student-athletes find time between practice, classes, and competition to serve community.
- Riding High (and Fast): Alumna to Compete in Rio Paralympic Games
- Alumni News
- Remembering Kay Logan '99H
- Greg Zimmerman ‘02 receives Penn State Alumni Achievement Award
- Parting Shots
Vol. 33 No.2 Penn State Behrend Magazine is published twice a year and provided free to alumni and friends of Penn State Behrend by the Office of Strategic Communication. Executive Editor: William Gonda, [email protected]. Editor: Heather Cass, [email protected]. Contributors: Robb Frederick ‘92, Steve Orbanek, Christine Palattella. Photos: Rob Frank ‘06, Matt Kleck. Change of address/Unsubscribe: Development and Alumni Relations at 814-898-6159 or [email protected]. Correspondence: Behrend Magazine, 207 Glenhill Farmhouse, 4701 College Drive, Erie, PA 16563-1902. Phone 814-898-6419. Copyright ©2016 Penn State Erie, The Behrend College.
This publication is available in alternative media on request. Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. U.Ed. EBO 17-116