Penn State Behrend School of Engineering
Software Upgrade Policy
Faculties interested in updating existing software are required to complete the following process. Items listed in bold face font are forms which are available online. Items listed with a * are required for upgrades costing over $100.
- Complete Vendor Order form.
- Complete upper portion of the attached Request for Software Upgrade form.
- Get a vendor quote.*
- Have the program chair sign off on the Request for Software Upgrade form. *
- Have faculty stakeholders sign off on Request for Software Upgrade form.
- Give a copy of:
- Request for Software Upgrade form, and
- Completed Vendor Order form, and
- A vendor quote to Jennifer Zdaniewski. She will then order the software.
- Accept delivery of the software.
- Complete a Computer Center work order form.
- Deliver the following to the Computer Center:
- installation media,
- paper copy of the software license agreement,
- copy of the Request for Software Upgrade form, and
- installation instructions.
- Verify correctness of software installation.