"Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory" Option for Current
The Penn State University Park Pre-Health Advising Team has provided the following important information regarding the "Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory" option for grading.
They are encouraging Pre-Health students to "continue to work toward strong quality (letter) grades in their prerequisite courses...showing their ability to adapt and rise to the occasion." It also was noted the "medical programs use their own discretion to determine what they will and will not accept for students entering their program. While some programs will be understanding of the situation students will be facing and adjust their current policies, others are urging us to 'consider all the effort and hard work [our] students are doing and give them the grade they earned' to allow them to better assess our students."
Please remember that a "Satisfactory" is only indicative that a student earned at least a C in the course, and health professions programs may consider "Satisfactory" as such.
For updates from health professional schools and organizations, please see linked information below:
- NAAHP Clearinghouse Website for COVID-19
- D.O. school responses to COVID-19
- M.D. school responses to COVID-19
- Dentistry school responses to COVID-19
- Optometry school responses to COVID-19
- Physician Assistant school responses to COVID-19
- Pharmacy school responses to COVID-19
- Physical Therapy school responses to COVID-19
- Veterinary Medicine school responses to COVID-19