An open ideation and prototyping space staffed by skilled engineering and business students guiding innovators and entrepreneurs through early development stages.
Located on the first floor of Burke Center at Penn State Behrend, the Innovation Commons is open to entrepreneurs and innovators throughout Erie County, including those at the student level, who are seeking a place to organize, collaborate, compose, and construct their ideas.
- Work alongside students from Penn State Behrend’s Black School of Business.
- Get help and advice for building a business plan.
- Gain access to connections and business development resources.
- Penn State engineering students will work directly with you, offering help with:
- Early-stage product design
- Computer-aided drafting
- No-cost 3D printing of prototypes
- CNC routing (coming soon)
- Laser engraving (coming soon)
- 3D scanning (coming soon)
Consultation at the Innovation Beehive
- Meet with professionals and experts who will aid you with common entrepreneurial challenges, such as:
- Intellectual property law
- Obtaining loans and investors
- Accessing Erie’s economic development system
- Various other fields
- Service providers who wish to participate should contact Jake Marsh to gain access to online software for managing time at the Beehive.
- See who is at the Beehive today on the Innovation Beehive Calendar.
Ideation and Collaboration Space
- Comfortable setting
- Whiteboard space and writable tables
- High-end computing with the help of Penn State students
Have an idea? We want to hear it!
To access the Innovation Commons, contact Jake Marsh, Industry Relations Coordinator at Penn State Behrend, by email or by calling 814-898-6987. Provide information about your invention or business:
- What is your idea?
- How far along in development are you?
- what do you think you need the most help with?
- If you don't know what you need, then answering this question is where we will begin.