Steps for Completing a Co-Op or Internship

Steps for Completing a Co-Op or Internship

For CENBD, EE BD, or SE BD Majors

Prior to starting the internship or co-op experience you must:

  1. Obtain an engineering co-op or internship position. It is the responsbility of the student to obtain the position. The Academic and Career Planning Center can provide assistance with preparation and locating resources.
  2. Read and understand the description and requirement for the program.
  3. Enroll for EE or CMPEN or SWENG 395/495 (or ENGR X95 if the position is obtained through the Univeristy Park Cooperative Education and Internship Office) credit as appropriate. You cannot enroll for these courses through eLion and must do so using a Registration Drop/Add Form. Take the completed form to the Co-Op and Internship Coordinator for signature. The completed Drop/Add Form then should be delivered to the School of Engineering office in Burke 242 to complete enrollment for the course credit(s).

Once you are registered for the course you must:

  1. Submit your Contact Information, Statement of Work and Approval form via ANGEL.
  2. Submit a mid-semester Assessment and Progress Report via ANGEL.
  3. Submit the final assessment and report via ANGEL.
  4. At the end of the semester, your supervisor will be contacted directly and asked to complete the evaluation on-line. Submit the Final Assessment and Report via ANGEL.