Penn State Behrend offers students the opportunity to pursue Honors study as a member of the Penn State Behrend Honors Program or the Schreyer Honors College. Students in both programs are fully involved members of the college community, and Honors study is integrated into the required curriculum, although Honors and Scholars students enjoy a number of academic benefits, including:
- Flexibility in planning individualized academic programs with faculty Honors advisers, permitting the pursuit of areas of special interest
- Small Honors classes with a seminar atmosphere
- Encouragement to go beyond regular coursework by undertaking special projects (Honors options), advanced-level courses, independent study, and research at the undergraduate level
- The opportunity to choose a quiet-study environment in special
- Participation in special Honors co-curricular programming
- Course registration priority
- Special library privileges
- Special computer accounts for research projects
| (Word Format) - These forms are for Behrend Honors Program students. The deadline is in late October.
Honors Option form (PDF) | (Word Format) - These forms are for Behrend Honors Program students and are due within the first three weeks of a given course. Required only if you are taking a non-standard honors course with the permission of the professor.
For more information on the Honors and Scholars programs, see our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us:
Penn State Behrend Honors and Schreyer Honors Programs Office
Reed Union Building, Room 143, Telephone: 814-898-6864
Dr. John Gamble, Director, Honors Programs