Prior to beginning the 30 credit MBA program, you will need to demonstrate competence in seven key business disciplines.
There are two routes to obtain competence:
- Show transcript grades (undergraduate or graduate) of B or better in these courses, within last 7 years, AND/OR
- Take modules from APBM.org and/or Harvard Business School for all or only those disciplines in which you need to demonstrate competence.
- Modules are self-paced and can be started anytime but must be completed prior to enrolling in classes.
- Students may need all modules or only a few.
- Students who need all 7 areas should complete Modules 100, 200, 300 and HBS Accounting and HBS Finance.
- To access modules, email Dr. Al Warner, the Academic Director, at email@example.com.
- Each module finishes with a pass/fail examination which can be repeated, if needed.
- Students must attain a “pass” rating and submit examination reports.
All MBA students must submit the Proof of Pre-Enrollment Competencies form to indicate how they have obtained competence.
- Submit this form prior to your first semester of enrollment.
APBM – Association of Professional Business Management
- Module 100: Management, also includes Economics and Statistics
- Module 200: Operations
- Module 300: Marketing
Cost: $250 each, $650 for all three
HBS – Harvard Business School
- Finance: Finance Online course, Cost: $45, Seat time: 15 hours
- Accounting: Financial Accounting Online course, Cost: $55, Seat time: 22 hours
- Statistics: Quantitative Methods Online course, Cost: $75, Seat time: 20 hours
Contact Dr. Al Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 814-898-6509 if you have questions.