ERIE PA 16563
Ph.D., Wayne State University (1982): Research and teaching interests include regional economics, economic development, microeconomics, and philanthropy. He has received the Behrend College Council of Fellows Excellence in Teaching Award in 1982 and 1986, and the Guy W. Wilson Award for Excellence in Advising in 1990. Dr. Kurre has had consulting experience with, or performed funded research for, the Erie Conference on Community Development, the Erie Community Foundation, United Way of Erie County, GTE-North, the Pennsylvania Department of Commerce, and the Center for Rural Pennsylvania.
- Recipient, Educator of the Year Award, Americans for the Competitive Enterprise System, Erie PA, February 2010.
- Council of Fellows Excellence in Teaching Award, Penn State Erie, Erie PA:
- Nominated, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2003, 2002, 2001.
- Recipient, Penn State University Alumni Teaching Fellow Award, March 2005
- Guy W. Wilson Award for Excellence in Academic Advising, Penn State Erie, Erie PA: Nominated, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1998.
- Nominated, Vanderbilt University's Chancellor's Lecture Series on Great Teaching, January 1992 (by J. Lilley and J. Brighton)
- Certificate of Merit, "Class with Most Practical Applications," Behrend College Lion Ambassadors, April 1990
- Recipient, Guy W. Wilson Award for Excellence in Advising, Penn State Erie, April 1990
- Recipient, Council of Fellows Excellence in Teaching Award, Penn State Erie, Erie, PA, May 1982 and May 1986
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 4th edition, 8th edition, (nominated by students)
- Recipient, Sigma Xi Faculty Research Award. Penn State Erie, Erie PA, April 2009.
Ph D, Economics, Wayne State University
MA, Economics, Wayne State University
BA, Economics, University of Cincinnati