Penn State Behrend promotes excellence in teaching, research, and service. It is the combination of these three activities that provides the most meaningful undergraduate educational experience, while maintaining an appropriate scholarly level for the faculty.
Prior to initiating sponsored research and scholarly activity, the college recommends that faculty and staff members contact the Penn State Behrend Grants and Contracts team to discuss all aspects of the research and scholarly activity process, including such things as sponsor protocols and deadlines, intellectual property, budgeting, and University policies.
Faculty member research includes creative accomplishment and other scholarly activities such as:
- publication of scholarly journal articles
- publication of books or parts of books
- book reviews
- research reports to sponsors
- presentation of research results at national and international conferences
- creative accomplishments such as exhibition, production, or publication of original architecture, dance, design, electronic media, film, journalism, or literature
- funded projects, grants, commissions, and contracts