Penn State Behrend Vision
It is the vision of Penn State Behrend to be:
- A premier destination, known nationally and internationally, for innovative teaching, research, and outreach;
- A transformative partner in the region and within the Penn State system; and
- A recognized model for an engaged 21st century land-grant educational institution.
Penn State Behrend Mission
Our mission is:
- To provide high-quality innovative educational, research, and outreach/service programs in a student-centered learning environment;
- To equip students with the competitive skills, knowledge, and diverse perspectives to thrive in a 21st century global economy;
- To focus college strengths on disciplines, interdisciplinary programs, and expertise clusters that fit existing and developing strengths of the region and eventually broader geographic regions; and
- To collaborate with others to advance student learning, applied research, and economic development.