Students seeking off-campus housing alternatives may find this collection of resources helpful.
- First-year students not from Erie County or with a permanent residence more than 30 miles from campus are guaranteed on-campus housing and are required to live on campus.
- Students with a current on-campus contract are strongly encouraged to first request a release from this contract before signing a lease with an off-campus landlord.
Penn State Behrend has partnered with Places4Students.com, a FREE service that assists students with their search for off-campus housing accommodations, finding roommates, and posting student sublets. Property owners, rental agents, and non-members of the college community also are invited to post their rental vacancies on Places4Students.com for a fee.
Places4Students’ Customer Service
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. ET
Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. ET
Off-Campus Housing Resources
- Off-Campus Housing Resource Manual (PDF) | (Word)
This manual provides helpful information regarding the choice of a dwelling, the signing of a lease, your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, or any number of other issues pertaining to rentals in Pennsylvania. The legal information contained here is offered in summary form and is intended to serve as a general guide to students renting in Pennsylvania. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice and/or counseling from an attorney.
- Map of Erie
- Directions to Penn State Behrend
- VisitErie (Vistors' Bureau)
- Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Big Box Storage Rentals
- College Student Renters Insurance
Penn State University Housing Disclaimer
The Pennsylvania State University makes no representation whatsoever regarding the housing or the landlords listed through this office/site. The properties listed are done so at the request of the landlords to assist students in locating possible off-campus housing opportunities. Students are responsible to inspect the property and negotiate lease terms with any landlord. The Pennsylvania State University has not inspected or investigated these listings or landlords in any way and is not endorsing any specific properties or landlords for students by this listing. The Pennsylvania State University disclaims any responsibility, among other things, for the condition of any premises, terms of any leases, treatment by any landlord, or compliance with any applicable local zoning ordinances.
Student Leadership and Involvement
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.