Funding Your Education at Penn State Behrend
Penn State Behrend is here to help you through the sometimes intimidating process of paying for college. We offer a wide range of aid and financing options to qualified students, including:
- Scholarships: Scholarships are financial awards that do not have to be repaid. They are primarily based on merit, but financial need is often a secondary criterion. Penn State Behrend offers scholarships to students displaying academic merit and leadership potential, and a number of outside scholarships are also available through civic foundations, nonprofit organizations, companies, and high schools.
- Grants: Grants are financial awards based on need. They do not have to be repaid. The Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, PHEAA State Grant, and the Penn State Tuition Assistance Grant are all available at Penn State.
- Loans: Students may borrow money under several separate loan programs. Loans must be repaid when the student graduates or ceases enrollment.
- Veterans Benefits: Veterans of the United States military and their dependents are eligible to receive full and partial tuition assistance through one of the many educational benefits offered through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Student Employment: Student employment opportunities at Penn State Behrend enable both undergraduate and graduate students to earn money to help finance educational expenses. Jobs on campus are convenient and can often be related to a student's academic major or career goals.
Our knowledgeable financial aid staff will help you find the resources and assistance that are right for you. More information on each type of financial aid is available on our website, or check out these helpful online resources for more information.