It’s OK to change your mind.
Brianna did, when she decided that the urban university she attended for her first year wasn't the right fit after all. "I went looking for a more traditional campus, and found that Behrend offers more academic opportunities in my major, Environmental Science," she said. "Behrend’s admissions staff made the transition very easy for me."
If you’ve already started college but want to transfer to Penn State Behrend, we’ll make your transition as smooth as possible.
- Transfer Eligibility Information: If you have completed at least 18 credits at a regionally accredited college or university after high school, you qualify as a transfer student. If you have taken fewer than 18 credits, or if any of your credits were attempted while still in high school, you must apply as a first-year student. To be considered for transfer admission, you must have earned an overall GPA of at least 2.0 (a higher GPA may be required for some majors).
- RaiseMe Transfer: Pennsylvania community college students can earn scholarships toward a future Penn State Behrend degree.
- Already a Penn State student? You want change of location information.
- Transferring Credits to Penn State: Courses considered for transfer credit must be completed with a grade equivalent to "C" or higher, and be useful to your program of study at Penn State.
- Admissions Requirements: Send your official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools attended to the Penn State Behrend Office of Admissions, Metzgar Center, 4701 College Drive, Erie, PA 16563.
- Transfer Student Application Review
- Steps to Apply
- Penn State operates on a rolling admissions basis. There is no deadline to apply, but we strongly recommended that your transfer application and official supporting documents be submitted by February 1 to begin in the summer or fall semester, or October 15 to begin in the spring semester.
- Wondering what courses you might take? Check Penn State's online Class Search.
- Are you over age 24, a veteran, parenting, or working full-time in addition to your studies? Check out the resources available to you through Penn State Behrend's Office of Adult Learner Services.
- Have a question or need assistance? Don't hesitate to contact the Penn State Behrend Office of Admissions at 814-898-6100 or email our transfer counselor.