PENN STATE BEHREND
1 PRISCHAK BUILDING
ERIE PA 16563
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Human Biology
- Acquisition and Distribution of Science Information
- Adult Education
- Distance Education
- Global Education
Funded Projects and Grants
- Higher Education HP Technology for Teaching. Mangel, L. (principal investigator), C. Torgerson (co-principal investigator), and T. Wortman (co-principal investigator). Hewlett Packard Company, $73,500. July 2005 - October 2007.
- International Programs Faculty Travel Fund: Kenya. Penn State University Park, University Park, PA, $4,000. 2005-2006.
- Thomas Lord Charitable Trust, Hirtzel Foundation. Knacke, R. (principal investigator) and L. Mangel (co-principal investigator), $100,000. 2004 - 2005.
- Avian Population and Habitat Assessment for the Lake Pleasant Wetlands. Sailor, D. (principal investigator) and L. Mangel (co-principal investigator). Northwestern Pennsylvania Conservancy, $6,178. September 2002 - September 2003.
- Upland Sandpiper Survey, Southern Erie County. Horizon Reality, $700. August 2002.
- Grassland Bird Breeding Use of Managed Grasslands on National Wildlife Refuges Within Region 5. Erie National Wildlife Refuge, $1000. July 2002.
- Avian Habitat Assessment for the Lake Pleasant Wetlands. Sailor, D. (principal investigator) and Mangel, L. (co-principal investigator). Penn State Erie, The Behrend College and Northwestern Pennsylvania Conservancy, $5,178.00. May 2002
- Avian Population and Habitat Assessment for the Conneaut Marsh Cussewago Bottom IBA. Mangel, L. (principal investigator) and S. Hoffman (co-principal investigator). Pennsylvania State Game Commission, $10,000.00. September 2001.
In-service and practicing teacher professional development, Outreach programs that bridge the research of STEM faculty and students with preK-12 education, Adult Education, Distance Education, Global Education
BIOL 162 Laboratory Manual - July, 2019
BIOL 164 Laboratory Manual - July, 2019
BIOL 129 Laboratory Manual - 2016
BIOL 129 Laboratory Manual - 2015
Pictoral Guide to Common Northwestern Pennsylvania Perennials in USDA Hardiness Zone 5 - 2005
Working Guide to Costa Rican Ecosystems - BIOBD 497G - 2005
Resource Manual - BIOBD 413 - 2004
Vertebrate Biology Fieldwork Resource Manual - BIOBD 413 - 2004
Collaborator: S. Ellis
Wildlife Information for Selected Vertebrates Seen in Northwestern Pennsylvania - BIOBD 297C - 2004
Collaborators: J. Berkley; J. Hankey
Bos taurus Anatomy Manual, 1st and 2nd Editions - 2002
How to Know the Common Freshwater Fishes of Northwestern Pennsylvania - 2001
Ph D, Education, Pennsylvania State University
CERT, Distance Education, Pennsylvania State University
MS, Biological Sciences, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
MAT, Secondary Science, University of Pittsburgh
BS, Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh