1 PRISCHAK BUILDING
ERIE PA 16563
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Human Biology
- Acquisition and Distribution of Science Information
- Adult Education
- Distance Education
- Global Education
Funded Projects and Grants
- Higher Education HP Technology for Teaching. Mangel, L. (principal investigator), C. Torgerson (co-principal investigator), and T. Wortman (co-principal investigator). Hewlett Packard Company, $73,500. July 2005 - October 2007.
- International Programs Faculty Travel Fund: Kenya. Penn State University Park, University Park, PA, $4,000. 2005-2006.
- Thomas Lord Charitable Trust, Hirtzel Foundation. Knacke, R. (principal investigator) and L. Mangel (co-principal investigator), $100,000. 2004 - 2005.
- Avian Population and Habitat Assessment for the Lake Pleasant Wetlands. Sailor, D. (principal investigator) and L. Mangel (co-principal investigator). Northwestern Pennsylvania Conservancy, $6,178. September 2002 - September 2003.
- Upland Sandpiper Survey, Southern Erie County. Horizon Reality, $700. August 2002.
- Grassland Bird Breeding Use of Managed Grasslands on National Wildlife Refuges Within Region 5. Erie National Wildlife Refuge, $1000. July 2002.
- Avian Habitat Assessment for the Lake Pleasant Wetlands. Sailor, D. (principal investigator) and Mangel, L. (co-principal investigator). Penn State Erie, The Behrend College and Northwestern Pennsylvania Conservancy, $5,178.00. May 2002
- Avian Population and Habitat Assessment for the Conneaut Marsh Cussewago Bottom IBA. Mangel, L. (principal investigator) and S. Hoffman (co-principal investigator). Pennsylvania State Game Commission, $10,000.00. September 2001.
In-service and practicing teacher professional development, Outreach programs that bridge the research of STEM faculty and students with preK-12 education, Adult Education, Distance Education, Global Education
Faculty Senate Outreach Committee Informational Report: Student Engagement Network
Faculty Senate Outreach Committee Consultative Report
Faculty Senate Outreach Committee Forensic Report: Penn State Adult Learners
BIOL 129 Laboratory Manual - 2016
BIOL 129 Laboratory Manual - 2015
Interactive Anatomy and Physiology Activities - BIOL 129 and BIOL 141 involving the circulatory system, reproductive system, respiratory system, digestive system, urinary system, skeletal system, muscular system, and histology - 2005
Pictoral Guide to Common Northwestern Pennsylvania Perennials in USDA Hardiness Zone 5 - 2005
Working Guide to Costa Rican Ecosystems - BIOBD 497G - 2005
Resource Manual - BIOBD 413 - 2004
Vertebrate Biology Fieldwork Resource Manual - BIOBD 413 - 2004
Wildlife Information for Selected Vertebrates Seen in Northwestern Pennsylvania - BIOBD 297C - 2004
Bos taurus Anatomy Manual, 1st and 2nd Editions - 2002
How to Know the Common Freshwater Fishes of Northwestern Pennsylvania - 2001
CERT, Distance Education, Pennsylvania State University
MS, Biological Sciences, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
Other, Secondary Science, University of Pittsburgh
BS, Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh