- Career Decisions Course
Enroll in Effective Career Decision-Making (CN ED 100) to examine internal and external factors that contribute to career development. The course is especially helpful for students who are undecided about a major or career.
- Drop-In Career Planning
Have a 10-15 minute meeting with a Penn State career counselor for any career-related concerns, Monday-Friday, Noon-4:00 p.m. in Reed 125.
- Make A Career Counseling Appointment
Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a career counselor in the Academic and Career Planning Center by calling 814-898-6164 or stopping by Reed 125.
- Career Services - Exploring Fields of Interest
Take the appropriate steps in the career planning process.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations through this resource from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Nittany Lion Careers
Research potential career paths by connecting with alumni and researching companies currently looking to hire PSU students for internships and jobs.
Check out jobs here, there, everywhere.
- Goal Setting Worksheet
Set goals and the action steps to achieve the overall goal.
- Goal Setting Worksheet II
Set goals, but also to reflect on the meaning of the goal and how to stay focused on achieving it.
Thinking About What to Study
- DUS Student Stories
Hear what DUS students have to say about their experience in DUS.
- Undergraduate Bulletin
Explore majors and options at Penn State by using this filtering tool.
- Myths about Majors
Discover common myths about choosing a major and examples of why these ideas are wrong.
- Major Exploration Appointment
Schedule a one-on-one meeting with an academic adviser or career counselor in the Academic and Career Planning Center by calling 814-898-6164 or stopping by Reed 125.
- You Majored In What? Mapping Your Path From Chaos to Career
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- There is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow
- Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
- Living Intentionally: A Six-Step Transformation from Goal-Setting to Goal-Getting Workbook
- How to Break Habits (from The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg)
- How to Choose a College Major You Can Use All Your Life
- How to Find Work You Love | Scott Dinsmore | TED Talks
- How to Select Your College Major