281 BURKE CENTER
ERIE PA 16563
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh (1986): Research interests include project management, information system implementation, power and political processes in organizations, and the diffusion of innovations. He teaches in the areas of project management, organizational behavior, and organization theory. Dr. Pinto holds the Andrew Morrow and Elizabeth Lee Black Chair in Management of Technology and has received the Distinguished Contribution Award from the Project Management Institute and the Behrend Council of Fellows Research Award. He has consulting experience with a number of major organizations, including General Electric Company, PPG Industries, Aker Rauma Offshore (Finland), Data General Corporation, Erie Press Systems, Repola Oy (Finland), and Zurn Industries.
- Andrew Morrow and Elizabeth Lee Black Chair in Management of Technology, Penn State Erie, 2004-Present
- Certificate of Appreciation for Departmental Editorial Leadership, IEEE Technical Management Council. (August 2010).
- Research Achievement Award, Project Management Institute. (October 2009).
- Nominee, Distinguished Contribution Award, Project Management Institute. (2008).
- Nominee, D. I. Cleland Distinguished Literature Award, Project Management Institute. (2005). (with Peter Morris)
- Samuel A. and Elizabeth B. Breene University Endowed Fellow in Management, Penn State Erie, 1996-2004
- Recipient, Award of Special Recognition, Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program, Penn State University, 1999
- Nominated, Guy W. Wilson Award for Excellence in Academic Advising, Penn State Erie, 1998
- Collaborative and Curricular Innovations Special Recognition Program Award, Penn State University, May 1997
- B ADM 502: Demand, Operations, and Firm Performance
- MANGT 300: Behavioral Concepts for Management
- MANGT 330: Organizational Processes and Structure
- MANGT 410: Project Management
- MANGT 497K: Special Topics
- MANGT 501: Principles of Management
- MANGT 510: Project Management
- MANGT 531: Organizations
- MANGT 597G: Special Topics
- Council of Fellows Faculty Excellence in Outreach Award, Penn State Erie, Erie PA, 2005
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Knoxville Tennessee, 2011.
- Grace Church, Erie PA, 2009.
- Erie Pediatrics, Inc., Erie PA, 2005–
- Charles Breene, Erie PA, 2001
- Erie Insurance Group, Erie PA, 1999
- Erie Press Systems, Erie PA, 1999
- GE Transportation Systems, Erie PA, 1999
- Plastics Technology Deployment Center, Penn State Erie, 1998
- Aker Rauma Offshore Oy, Pori Finland, 1997–
- Georgetown University, Washington DC, 1997
- Dr. Gertrude A. Barber Center, Erie PA, 1997–
- Hamot Health Systems, Erie PA, 1997–
- Zurn Industries, Erie PA, 1996
- Digital Equipment Corporation, Augusta ME
- Dr. Gertrude A. Barber Center, Erie PA
- HWC, Inc., Madison WI
- MCI Corporation, Cedar Rapids IA
- Rauma Oy, Ltd., Tampere, Finland
- Pre MPM Certificate Program: Nov 2001-May 2002
- Service to Business and Industry
- Worked with Miriam Crossman and Aaron Lundberg on Adult Education survey and Guest Experience teams, 2009.
- Presentation on project management basics. Corry Chamber of Commerce, Corry PA, 2007.
- CMI EPTI, presentation on developing project management training, Erie PA, 2006.
- Kimley-Horn Construction, presentation on the development of a project management video, West Palm Beach FL, 2005.
- Affinia Brake Parts presentation on developing project management training, Erie PA, 2005.
- Program Development:
- Zurn Industries, Erie PA, 1995
- Data General Corporation, Boston MA, 1992-94.
Industry Training and Development
- Erie Insurance Group, Erie PA, 1999
- General Electric Company, Erie PA, 1999
- Aker Rauma Offshore Oy, Pori Finland, 1997-1998
- Erie Press Systems, Erie PA, 1999, 1997
- Zurn Industries, Erie PA, 1995
- Rhône-Poulenc Rorer Pharmaceuticals, Valley Forge PA, 1994
- U.S.D.A. Soil Conservation Service, Bangor ME, 1992
- Bethlehem Steel Corporation Bethlehem PA, 1989
- General Electric Company, Cincinnati OH, 1989
- State of Maine:
- Program for government Employees, Augusta ME, 1991
- Department of Environmental Protection, Augusta ME, 1990
- Maine Management Institute, Castine ME, 1989-1990
- University of Maine:
- American Management Association Certificate Program, Orono ME, 1989-1991
- Center for Conferences and Institutes, Orono ME, 1989-1991
- GKN, Plc., Pittsburgh PA, 1988
- Inland Steel Corporation, Gary IN, 1988
- PPG Industries, Pittsburgh PA, 1988-1990
- University of Pittsburgh:
- Katz Graduate School of Business, Management Program for Executives, Pittsburgh PA, 1988
- Westinghouse Corporation, Pittsburgh PA, 1988
- Appleton Paper Company, Pittsburgh PA, 1987
- The Whiting Company, Burlington VT, 1987
Service to Public and Private Organizations
- Volunteer, Erie Soldiers' and Sailors' Home visitation program, Erie PA, 2011.
- Provided supporting letter for Project Management Institute Fellow Award for Peter W. G. Morris, 2011.
- Reviewer of funding proposals, 2011:
- "Internet traffic analysis in Saudi universities," by B. AsSadhan for King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, 2010.
- "Integrated approach to enhanced technical portfolio management in multi-disciplined businesses with cross cultural and environmental perspectives," by M. Kafaji for King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology, 2010.
- "Searching for static and dynamic project drivers to predict and control the impact of management/contingency researves on a project's success," by M. Vanhoucke, Y. Kwak, and B. De Reyck for University of Ghent Research Fund.
- Served as external member of review committee to hire two faculty for BI Norwegian School of Management, 2010.
- Served as external peer evaluator for Promotion and Tenure decision for:
- Dr. Nuno Gil, Manchester Business School, December 2010.
- Dr. Hedley Smyth, University College, London, 2010.
- Dr. K. Yeo, reappointment evaluation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2010.
- Dr. Aaron Shenhar, promotion to Professor evaluation, Rutgers University, 2009.
- Dr. Dov Dvir, Ben-Gurion University, 2009.
- Dr. Nuno Gil, Manchester Business School, 2007.
- Dr. Thomas Lechler, Stevens Institute of Technology, 2007.
- Dr. K. Yeo, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2007.
- Member, Learning Center Advisory Board, Dr. Gertrude A. Barber Center, Erie PA, 1996-
- Member, International Advisory Panel for the Fourth International Research Network on Organizing by Projects (IRNOP), 1999
- Member, Learning Center Advisory Board, Dr. Gertrude A. Barber Center, Erie PA, 1996-.
Participation in Community Affairs
- Member, Organizing Committee for Barber Christmas Ball, Barber National Institute, Erie PA, 2011, 2010.
- Grace Church, Erie PA:
- Volunteer, Guest Experience Team, 2011, 2010.
- Volunteer, Operation Christmas Child, September 2011, 2010.
- Member, Thanksgiving Outreach, 2011, 2010; 2009.
- Presenter, Essentials of Project Management, 2009.
- Member, Erie City Golf Committee, Erie PA, 2003.
- Co-organized (with M. B. Pinto) first annual "Clean-up Day" at J. C. Martin Golf Course, Erie PA, September 2003.
- BP Oil Spill. Erie Rotary Club, Erie PA, October 2010.
- Web-based Teaching – MPM Degree Program. Behrend Council of Fellows Meeting, Penn State Erie, Erie PA, April 2010.
- Sophomore Business Bridge Power Breakfast, Penn State Erie, Erie PA, 2006.
- Searching for the Root Causes of Project Failure. Rolls-Royce Corporation, Derby UK, May 2001.
- Why Do Our Projects Continue to Fail? Project Management Plenary, UMIST, Manchester UK, May 2001.
- Becoming an Influential Manager. Lunchtime learning seminar, GE=s Transportation Division, Erie PA, September 2000; April 2001.
- Projects and Pitfalls. Second Annual Penn State/APICS Symposium, Erie PA, April 2001.
- How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Project. Erie Chapter of APICS, Erie PA, February 2000.
- Where Did the Time Go? Finding and Wasting Time on Our Projects. Erie Chapter of APICS, Erie PA, November 1999.
- Regaining Control of Runaway IS Projects: Why Are We Always Late? Seminar at University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester England, September 1999.
- How to Fail at Project Management (Without Really Trying). International ICAD User=s Group annual meeting, Orlando FL, May 1999.
- Project Management: Charting the Best and Worst Practices. General Electric, Transportation Division, Lunchtime Learning Series, December 1998.
- Learning the Valuable Lessons from Past Failures. General Electric, Outage Project Management Conference, King of Prussia PA, June 1997.
- Total Quality Management. Management Development Series, Bangor Chamber of Commerce, Orono ME, April 1993.
- Motivating Change in Organizations. American Accounting Association meeting, Bangor Chapter, Bangor ME, April 1991.
- Steps to Defusing Resistance to Change. Association of Internal Auditors, Bangor Chapter, Bangor ME, October 1990.
Membership in Professional and Learned Societies
- Association of Project Management, 2007-.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, 2005 International Project Management Association, 1996-2004.
- International Research Network on Organizing by Project, 1994-2001.
- Urban and Regional Information System Association, 1990-.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Engineering Management Society, 1986-.
- Project Management Institute, 1986-.
- Academy of Management, 1985-92.
Active Participation in Professional and Learned Societies
- Member, Research Committee, Project Management Institute, Newtown Square PA, 2001.
- Member, Management Institute, Standing Committee on Publications, 1999.
- Advisory Board Member, International Research Network on Organizing by Projects (IRNOP III and IV), 1998-99.
Assistance to Student Organizations
- Speaker, Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony, Penn State Erie, Erie PA, 2005.
- Developing the Skills to Succeed in the Workplace. Speaker, Penn State Erie Chapter of Delta Sigma Pi Fraternity, March 1998, March 1997.
- Department Editor for Project Management - IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 2011, 2010.
- Area Editor, International Journal of Information Technology Project Management, 2009 -.
- Served as reviewer for NSF Merit Review process, 2007
- Served as reviewer for Canada SSHRC proposal, Developing an Extended Model to Predict IT Project Performance, 2007
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management , 2006 -.
- Technical Editor, Wiley Book Series, Project Management for Dummies , 2nd Ed, 2006
- Reviewed book proposal by Abdomerovic for Wiley on "Brainstorming the PMBoK Guide Process Relationships,” 2002
- Provided evaluation of Peter Morris' qualification to stand candidacy for Professorship of Project Management, University College London, UK, 2001
- Editorial Board Member:
- South African Journal of Industrial Engineering, 2003-
- International Journal of Project Management, 2000-
- Journal of Urban and Regional Information Systems Association, 2002-, 2000
- Project Management Institute:
- Interim Editor, Project Management Journal, 1999-2000
- Member, Editorial Review Board, 1998-
- Editor, Project Management Journal, 1990-1996.
- Member, Publications Advisory Board, 1989-1996.
- Member, Standing Committee on Publications, 1989-1997.
- Editorial Review Board Member:
- PMNetwork, 2001-2002
- Journal of Managerial Issues, 1992-1994
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 1989-2005
Project management, governance, team dynamics in projects, burnout, leadership, gender issues in project manager selection
What CPI = 0.85 Really Means: A Probabilistic Extension of the Estimate at Completion, Journal of Management in Engineering - January (1st Quarter/Winter), 2019
Polycentric Organizing and Performance: A Contingency Model and Evidence from Megaproject Planning in the UK, Research Policy - 2018
Reflections on Rodney Turner's Impact and the Future of the Field: An Interview with Aaron Shenhar, Jeffrey Pinto, and Graham Winch, International Journal of Project Management - 2018
Managing Projects - 2017
Program Management - 2017
Megaproject Organizing and Performance: Myth and Political Realities - 2017
Operations Management: Managing Global Supply Chains - 2017
"The Aura of Capability": Moderating Effects of Gender Bias in Project Manager Selection, International Journal of Project Management - 2017
Bringing Order to a Chaotic Restaurant - 2017
Countering the Counterfeiters - 2017
Forecasting Ticket Demand for the Super Bowl - 2017
Supply Chain Strategies and Disaster Planning - 2017
Sustainable Logistics - 2017
Van Halen, Brown M&M's, and Quality Control - 2017
Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2016
Instructor's Manual for Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage, 4th Ed. - 2016
Motivation to Perform in a Multiple-Project Environment: The Impact of Autonomy, Support, Goal Clarity, and Opportunities for Learning, Journal of Engineering Technology and Management - 2016
Project Personnel, Job Demands and Workplace Burnout: The Differential Effects of Job Title and Project Type, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 2016
The Unsettling of "Settled Science": The Past and Future of the Management of Projects, International Journal of Project Management - 2016
Project Management, LiveLesson Series - 2016
Decision Making in Project Management - 2015
Are Agile Projects More Successful? - a Quantitative Analysis of Project Success, International Journal of Project Management - 2015
Contractor Management Performance Evaluation Model at Prequalification Stage, Expert Systems with Applications - 2015
Gender Biases in Project Manager Selection: Perceptions of Trust and Likeability, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 2015
Project Decision Chain, Project Management Journal - 2015
When Narcissism Drives Project Champions: A Review and Research Agenda , International Journal of Project Management - 2015
Information Sharing Across Partnering Project Organizations - 2014
The Management of Projects Paradigm: Exploring New Research Opportunities and Reassessing the Old - 2014
Managers of Multiple Projects and Their Motivation to perform; The Impact of Autonomy, Support, Learning, and Goal Clarity, Proceedings of the PMI Research Conference 2014 - 2014
Project Management, Governance, and the Normalization of Deviance, International Journal of Project Management - 2014
Examining the Roles of Government Policy in Innovation, Journal of High Technology Management Research - October (4th Quarter/Autumn), 2014
Project Management and Burnout: Implications of the Demand-Control-Support Model on Project-Based Work, International Journal of Project Management - April (2nd Quarter/Spring), 2014
Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2013
Festschrift for Professor Peter W.G. Morris, International Journal of Project Management - 2013
Lies, Damned Lies, and Project Plans: Recurring Human Errors that can Ruin the Project Planning Process, Business Horizons - November, 2013
Acknowledge that Politics is Ever Present - 2012
How Your Projects Will Go Wrong (and What to Do About It) - 2012
Instructor's Manual for Project Management, Achieving Competitive Advantage - June 09, 2012
GIS Database Development and Exchange: Interaction Mechanisms and Motivations - 2011
Introduction: Towards the Third Wave of Project Management - 2011
The Evolution of Project Management Research: The Evidence from the Journals - 2011
Trust in Relational Contracting and as a Critical Organizational Attribute - 2011
The Oxford Handbook of Project Management - 2011
Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2010
Instructor’s Manual for Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2010
The Technical Side of Project Management - 2010
Trust in Projects: An Empirical Assessment of Owner/Contractor Relationships, International Journal of Project Management - 2009
Introduction to Project Management - 2009
SDI Effectiveness from the User Perspective - 2008
Cost and Value Management in Projects - 2008
The Wiley Guide to Project Control - 2008
The Wiley Guide to Project Organization and Project Management Competencies - 2008
The Wiley Guide to Project Program and Portfolio Management - 2008
The Wiley Guide to Project Technology, Supply Chain and Procurement Management - 2008
Managing Geographic Information Systems - 2008
H. Kerzner, Project Management Best Practices, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 2007
H. Kerzner, Project Management Logic Puzzles, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 2007
Importance of Goal Setting in Virtual Project Teams, Psychological Reports - 2007
Project Critical Success Factors: The Project Implementation Profile - 2006
Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2006
Instructor’s Manual for Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage - 2006
An Overview of Behavioral Issues in Project Management. - 2004
Information Geographique et Partneriats Interorganisationnels - 2004
Power, Influence, and Negotiation in Project Management - 2004
The Elements of Project Success - 2004
SimProject™ Users Guide - 2004
Innovations: Project Management Research 2004 - 2004
The Wiley Guide to Managing Projects - 2004
GIS Database Development and Exchange: Interaction Mechanisms and Motivations, URISA Journal - 2004
SimProject - 2003
Information Sharing among Partnering Project Organizations - 2002
Proceedings of the PMI Research Conference 2002 - 2002
The Frontiers of Project Management Research - 2002
Adaptation to Self-managing Work Teams, Small Group Research - 2002
Project Management 2002, Research*Technology Management - 2002
The Future of Project Management - 2001
Building Customer-Based Project Organizations - 2001
Organizational (soft) GIS Interoperability: Lessons from the U.S., International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation - 2001
Project Success and Customer Satisfaction: Toward a Formalized Linkage Mechanism - 2000
Project Management Research at the Turn of the Millennium: Proceedings of the PMI Research Conference 2000 - 2000
Organizational Determinants of GIS Interoperability: U.S. Experience - 2000
From the Editor, Project Management Journal - 2000
From the Editor, Project Management Journal - 2000
Information Sharing in an Interorganizational GIS Environment, Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design - 2000
Managing Information Systems Projects: Regaining Control of a Runaway Train, Part One, ESI Horizons - 2000
Managing Information Systems Projects: Regaining Control of a Runaway Train, Part Two, ESI Horizons - 2000
Understanding the Role of Politics in Successful Project Management, International Journal of Project Management - 2000
Managing Information Systems Projects: Regaining Control of a Runaway Train - 1999
Essentials of Project Control - 1999
Successful Information System Implementation: The Human Side - 1999
Interorganizational GIS: Issues and Prospects, Annals of Regional Science - 1999
Project Leadership: A Question of Timing, Project Management Journal - 1999
Some Constraints Regarding the Theory of Constraints: Taking a Critical Look at the Critical Chain, PMNetwork - 1999
Understanding Interorganizational GIS Activities: A Conceptual Framework, URISA Journal - 1999
Project Leadership: Understanding and Consciously Choosing Your Style - 1998
Critical Success Factors - 1998
How to Fail at Project Management (Without Really Trying) - 1998
Power, Politics, and Project Management - 1998
Project Leadership: Understanding and Consciously Choosing Your Style - 1998
Project Scope Management - 1998
The Fundamentals of Project Planning - 1998
The Future of Project Management - 1998
Leadership, Motivation, and the Project Manager - 1998
Project Leadership From Theory to Practice - 1998
The Project Management Institute: Project Management Handbook - 1998
Coordinating Development and Use of Geographic Information Databases - 1998
Customer‑based Project Success: Exploring a Key to Gaining Competitive Advantage in Project Organizations, Project Management - 1998
Organizational Determinants of Geographic Information Sharing and Exchange, Illinois GIS & Mapnotes - 1998
Service Delivery Satisfaction and the Developmentally Disabled: Assessing the Unassessable?, Journal of Customer Service in Marketing and Management - 1998
The Impact of Pharmaceutical Direct Advertising: Opportunities and Obstructions, Health Marketing Quarterly - 1998
A. Badiru, Project Management in Manufacturing and High Technology Management, 2nd Ed., IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1997
D. Cleland, Strategic Management of Teams, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1997
E. Szewczak and M. Khosrowpour, The Human Side of Information Technology Management, URISA Journal - 1997
In Search of the Dependent Variable: Toward Synthesis in GIS Implementation Research - 1997
The Elements of Project Success - 1997
Understanding Project Risk: Lessons from Past Failures - 1997
Twelve Sure-fire Ways to Ruin Your Project - 1997
Make Politics Work for You, Research Technology Management - 1997
The Power of Project Management, Industry Week - 1997
Twelve Ways to Get the Least from Yourself and Your Project, PMNetwork - 1997
M. Martin, Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Technology-Based Firms, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1996
R. Goodman and M. Lawless, Technology and Strategy: Conceptual Models and Diagnostics, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1996
Power and Politics in Project Management - 1996
What Made Gertie Gallop? Learning from Project Failures - 1996
How to Fail at Project Management (Without Really Trying), Business Horizons - 1996
Power and Politics: Managerial Implications, PMNetwork - 1996
User Requirements for Framework Geospatial Data, URISA Journal - 1996
Sharing Geographic Information Across Organizational Boundaries: A Research Framework - 1995
Critical Successful Factors in Effective Project Management - 1995
Successful Project Managers: Leading Your Team to Successful - 1995
A Survey on User Requirements for Framework GIS Data - 1995
Administrative Considerations for Orthopaedic Therapy Clinics, Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Clinics of North America - 1995
Lessons for an Accidental Profession, Business Horizons - 1995
Organizational Implications of Divestment: A Comparison of Innovative Practices in Crown and Private Corporations in Canada, International Journal of Commerce and Management - 1995
Project Management and Conflict Resolution, Project Management Journal - 1995
Stakeholder Analysis and Project Management, Chemical Weekly - 1995
Framework Data Sets for the NSDI - 1995
Experiences in Acquisition, Implementation, and Use of GIS in U.S. Local Governments - July (3rd Quarter/Summer), 1995
The Project Implementation Profile: An International Perspective - 1994
Managing Geographic Information Systems - 1994
Successful Information System Implementation: The Human Side - 1994
A Three-year Longitudinal Study of Changes in Student Learning Styles, Journal of College Student Development - 1994
Leading Your Team to Success: To a Successful End, Chemical Weekly - 1994
Learning from Project Failures: Lessons for Management, Chemical Weekly - 1994
Project Manager: A Rare Breed!, Chemical Business - 1994
Project Teams Can Achieve Wonders, Chemical Business - 1994
Successful Project Management: Do You Know Your Politics?, PMNetwork - 1994
The Challenge for Project Managers, Chemical Business - 1994
The Challenge of Managing Projects, Chemical Weekly - 1994
The Role of Organizational Politics in GIS Implementation, URISA Journal - 1994
Modeling the Diffusion of Geographic Information Systems through Local Governments - 1993
Strategic Profiles of Small, High-technology Firms - 1993
An Examination of Ipsative and Normative Versions of Kolb's Revised Learning Style Inventory, Educational and Psychological Measurement - 1993
Antecedents and Consequences of Project Team Cross-functional Cooperation, Management Science - 1993
Evaluating Correlates of GIS Adoption Success and the Decision Process of GIS Acquisition, URISA Journal - 1993
Survey and Comparative Analysis of Alternative Names for an Academic Discipline, Surveying and Land Information Systems - 1993
Testing Technology Transfer Hypotheses in GIS Environments Using a Case Study Approach - 1993
A Factor Analysis of Kolb's Revised Learning Style Inventory, Educational and Psychological Measurement - 1992
Case Study Research Methods for Geographic Information Systems, URISA Journal - 1992
Changes in Learning Style Preferences: A Reply to Ruble and Stout, Psychological Reports - 1992
Facilitators of Corporate Innovation: An Exploratory Study of Public and Private Firms in Canada, Journal of Managerial Issues - 1992
Project Marketing: Detailing the Project Manager's Hidden Responsibility, Project Management Journal - 1992
Appropriate Moderated Regression Analysis and Inappropriate Research Strategies: A Demonstration of Information Loss Due to Scale Coarseness, Applied Psychological Measurement - 1991
Changes in Learning Style Preferences: A Prefatory Report of Longitudinal Findings, Psychological Reports - 1991
Changes in Learning Style Preferences: Results of a Three-year Longitudinal Study, Psychological Reports - 1991
Diffusion of Geographic Information Innovations, The International Journal of Geographic Information Systems - 1991
Empirical Note on Creativity as a Covariate of Learning Style Preferences, Perceptual and Motor Skills - 1991
Project Leadership: Understanding and Consciously Choosing Your Style, Project Management Journal - 1991
Communication, Cross-Functional Cooperation, and Project Performance: Implications for the Development and Marketing of New Programs - 1990
Project Marketing: Detailing the Project Manager's Hidden Responsibility - 1990
Strategic Profiles of Small, High-technology Firms - 1990
Analysis of a Building Failure: Organizational Behavior Effects, PMNetwork - 1990
Planning and Tactical Factors in the Project Implementation Process, Journal of Management Studies - 1990
Project Team Communication and Cross-functional Cooperation in New Program Development, Journal of Product Innovation Management - 1990
The Causes of Project Failure, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1990
The Project Implementation Profile: A Tool to Aid Project Tracking and Control, International Journal of Project Management - 1990
The causes of project failure, IEEE Xplore - 1990
The Project Implementation Profile (a research/training instrument) - 1989
Critical Factors in Project Implementation: A Comparison of Construction and R&D Projects, Technovation - 1989
Critical Success Factors in R&D Projects, Research Technology Management - 1989
The Project Champion: Key to Implementation Success, Project Management Journal - 1989
Critical Success Factors Across the Project Life Cycle, Project Management Journal - 1988
Project Success: Definitions and Measurement Techniques, Project Management Journal - 1988
Using Strategy and Tactics to Implement Projects, Strategic Planning Management - 1988
Variations in Critical Success Factors Over the Stages in the Project Life Cycle, Journal of Management - 1988
The Project Implementation Profile - 1988
Successful Project Management - 1987
Balancing Strategy and Tactics in Project Implementation, Sloan Management Review - 1987
Critical Factors in Successful Project Implementation, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management - 1987
Strategy and Tactics in a Process Model of Project Implementation, Interfaces - 1987
The Project Implementation Profile: New Tool for Project Managers, Project Management Journal - 1986
Ph D, Organization Theory, University of Pittsburgh
MBA, Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh
BA, History, University of Maryland
BS, Business Administration, University of Maryland