ERIE, Pa. — Twelve Penn State Behrend faculty members have been promoted and will begin the fall semester with a new academic rank. The promotions reflect their success in the classroom and in the research and advising components of their work at the college.
“Our strength as a college of Penn State begins with the expertise of our faculty,” Chancellor Ralph Ford said. “Their commitment to teaching, and to continuing research in their individual fields of study, is at the heart of everything we do here.”
Jun Zhou has been promoted to professor of mechanical engineering. He teaches energy systems, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and numerical models in the School of Engineering. His research includes study of transport phenomena in the processing and manufacturing of laser materials.
The following individuals have been promoted to associate professor:
- Faisal Aqlan is now associate professor of industrial engineering. He studies logistics, simulation and optimization, ergonomics and digital human modeling.
- Todd Cook is now associate professor of biology. He studies functional morphology, paleoecology and the paleobiogeography of sharks and rays from Mesozoic and Cenozoic deposits.
- Varun Gupta is now associate professor of operations and supply chain management. He studies choice modeling, revenue and inventory management and supply chain management.
- Adam Hollinger is now associate professor of mechanical engineering. He studies microscale fuel cells, lithium-ion batteries and electrically conductive polymer composites.
- Timothy Krause is now associate professor of finance. He studies investments, derivatives and risk management. He also directs the Intrieri Family Student Managed Fund.
- Ihab Ragai is now associate professor of engineering. He studies advanced manufacturing processes, machine and process monitoring and mechanical and system design.
The following individuals have been promoted to associate teaching professor:
- Nancy Study is now associate teaching professor of engineering.
- Sarah Whitney is now associate teaching professor of English and women’s studies.
- Ashley Yochim is now associate teaching professor of English.
The following individuals have been promoted to assistant teaching professor:
- Emily Cassano is now assistant teaching professor of music, theater and visual arts.
- Philip Jones is now assistant teaching professor of engineering.