ERIE, Pa. — Eleven Penn State Behrend faculty members have been promoted and will begin the fall semester with a new academic rank. The promotions reflect their success in the classroom and in the research and advising components of their work at the college.
Two additional faculty members have been granted emeritus status, which recognizes sustained meritorious academic service to the University.
“Our strength as a college of Penn State begins with the expertise of our faculty,” Chancellor Ralph Ford said. “Their commitment to teaching, and to continuing research in their individual fields of study, is at the heart of everything we do here.”
The following individuals have been promoted to professor:
Ozgun Caliskan Demirag is now professor of operations and supply chain management. She teaches integrated business analysis, global operations and supply chain management, among other courses. Her research includes topics related to supply chain management, inventory management and game theory applications.
David Kahl Jr. is now professor of communication. He teaches effective speech, professional public speaking and communication for teachers, among other courses. His research is focused on critical communication pedagogy, neoliberalism, autoethnography and critical assessment.
Peerasit Patanakul is now professor of management. He teaches project management organization and general management, among other courses. His research interests include project management and project portfolio management.
The following individuals have been promoted to associate professor and granted tenure:
- Paul Lynch is now associate professor of industrial engineering.
- Arpan Yagnik is now associate professor of advertising.
- Stephanie Diaz is now associate librarian.
The following individuals have been promoted to associate teaching professor:
- Luciana Aronne is now associate teaching professor of chemistry.
- J. Andrew George is now associate teaching professor of mathematics.
- Carol Putman is now associate teaching professor of management.
- Shariffah Sheik Dawood is now associate teaching professor of psychology.
In addition, Anne Gohn is now assistant research professor of plastics engineering technology.
The following individuals have been granted emeritus status:
- Antonella Cupillari is now associate professor emerita of mathematics.
- Rodney Troester is now associate professor emeritus of speech communication.