Please keep the following tips in mind as you recreate PDF newsletters as web pages. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact [email protected].
- Create a landing page for your newsletters. This page will contain the links to the individual newsletters.
- Optional: Under the link to the individual newsletter, you may want to add links to each article. (This is similar to a table of contents.) This is usually done by creating an anchor for each subheading in the newsletter; then create a link to that subheading.
- To paste content from a PDF or Word document into a web page, use the Paste as Plain Text button!
- If the PDF or Word document contains hyphenated words, be sure to remove the hyphens after you paste the content to the web page.
- If the PDF or Word document contains bulleted text, the bullets may be converted to a symbol bullet on the web page. The symbol bullets are not true bullets; therefore, delete these symbol bullets and reformat the text as true bullets by using the Bullet List or Numbered List button.
- Use the Heading styles to format your article titles.
- If you upload images or files, rename these so that there are no spaces or special characters in the file name. (Exception: Hyphens are permitted.)
- Depending upon the length of the content, you may want to left align all photos or you may choose to alternate between left and right alignment for the photos.