Your assigned adviser is listed on the home screen of the “Academics” tab in LionPATH. Your adviser is here to help you reach your goals. Be sure to reach out to your adviser early so they can help you make sure you are on the right track.
Please know that each faculty adviser has their own advising style and method for making appointments.
Here are your first steps to connect with your faculty adviser:
- Introduce yourself
- Send an email. Your adviser’s email address is listed in LionPath.
- Stop by their office.
- Ask their preferences
- How do they want to arrange advising meetings?
- Will meetings occur during their regular office hours or at a separate time from the hours they set aside for the students within their courses?
- What do they want you to have prepared for each meeting?
- Use your resources to prepare
- The University Bulletin has each program’s graduation requirements, suggested academic plan, and course sequences. The suggested academic plans have courses hyperlinked to view the description and prerequisites for each course.
- Use a What-If Report to see how the courses you have taken may fulfill the graduation requirements for any major you want to explore. See the tutorial page for this and other actions in LionPATH.