Thank you for your service. The Career Services office is happy to work with veterans as they pursue higher education and civilian careers. The resources below will help veterans find military-friendly employers and learn how to market their past experiences to employers in an easy to understand way.
Translating military experience on the résumé
Military Crosswalk Search
Select your branch and specify your job title or MOC (military occupation code) to reveal civilian descriptions of your previous work. This resource is helpful when writing your résumé because employers may not understand the military phrasing of your experiences. Crosswalk provides information about common tasks, technology skills, as well as knowledge, skill, and ability areas associated with military positions.
- Army Women’s Foundation
- FRA Education Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarship System for Veterans & Families
- Troops to Teachers
- University HQ
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarship
- Wings Over America (Children & Spouses of Veterans)
- 100,000 Jobs Mission
- Careers & Employment at vets.gov
- Clearance Jobs
- Corporate Gray — Connecting Employers to Veterans
- GI Jobs
- Hire Hero’s U.S.A.
- Hire Veterans
- Military Friendly Employers
- Military Hire
- Nittany Lion Careers
- Recruit Military
- USA Jobs - Veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- DAV: Disabled American Veterans
- American Corporate Partners
- Call of Duty Endowment
- Farmer — Veteran Coalition
- Job Accommodation Network (veterans)
- Military Transition Center
- National Resource Directory
- Veteran’s Corporation
- Veteran’s Enterprise
- Veteran’s Transition Franchise Initiative
- Wounded Warrior Project
State and Federal Laws and Policies
- Army Wounded Warrior Program
- House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affair
For non-career veteran resources, contact Giselle Hudson, Admissions, at [email protected] or 814-898-6335.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.