Welcome to Erie!
Whether you like shopping, cultural attractions, or outdoor recreation, there are plenty of things to do and see in the Erie region.
The Peach Street corridor, just a 10-minute drive from the Penn State Behrend campus, is filled with seemingly endless shopping and dining options. Downtown Erie, only a 15-minute drive from campus, boasts cultural attractions like the Erie Art Museum and Erie Playhouse, as well as a number of unique shops and restaurants. And Presque Isle State Park, a 20-minute drive from campus, features miles of Lake Erie beaches for swimming and relaxing and trails for walking, biking, and rollerblading.
Or travel just a bit further to take advantage of Peek 'n Peak Resort’s world-class skiing and golfing, the culture of the Chautauqua Institution, and the many wineries on the Lake Erie Wine Trail.
Sports & Recreation
- Asbury Woods Nature Center
- Erie Sports Park
- Flo Fabrizio Ice Center
- Greater Erie Regional Trail Network
- Lake Erie Speedway
- Peek'n Peak Skiing and Golf Resort (Clymer, New York)
- Presque Isle Downs and Casino
- Presque Isle Skating and Event Center
- Presque Isle State Park
Erie Sports Teams
Dining & Shopping
- Millcreek Mall
- Grove City Premium Outlets (Grove City, Pennsylvania)
- Area Restaurants
- Flagship City Food Hall
- Flagship City Public Market
- Lake Erie Ale Trail
- Lake Erie Wineries
- Yahn Planetarium at Penn State Behrend
- Erie Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- ExpERIEnce Children's Museum
- Kellar's: Modern Magic and Comedy Club
- Play Port Arcade and Family Fun Center
- Round1 Entertainment
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Waterpark
- Tom Ridge Environmental Center (TREC)
- Waldameer and Water World Amusement and Water Park