Welcome to Erie!
Whether you like shopping, cultural attractions, or outdoor recreation, there are plenty of things to do and see in the Erie region.
The Peach Street corridor, just a 10-minute drive from the Penn State Behrend campus, is filled with seemingly endless shopping and dining options. Downtown Erie, only a 15-minute drive from campus, boasts cultural attractions like the Erie Art Museum and Erie Playhouse, as well as a number of unique shops and restaurants. And Presque Isle State Park, a 20-minute drive from campus, features miles of Lake Erie beaches for swimming and relaxing and trails for walking, biking, and rollerblading.
Or travel just a bit further to take advantage of Peek 'n Peak Resort’s world-class skiing and golfing, outlet shopping in Grove City, the culture of Chautauqua Institution, the breweries on the Lake Erie Ale Trail, or the many wineries on the Lake Erie Wine Trail.
Here is a selection of things to do nearby.
- Erie Art Museum
- Erie Arts and Culture
- Erie Maritime Museum/U.S. Brig Niagara
- Erie Philharmonic
- Erie Playhouse
- Erie Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- ExpERIEnce Children's Museum
- Hagen History Center
- Jefferson Educational Society
- Tom Ridge Environmental Center (TREC)
- Yahn Planetarium at Penn State Behrend
- Chautauqua Institution (Chautauqua, New York)
- Grape Discovery Center (Westfield, New York)