Scientific Cooling: Mathematical Water Efficiency Analysis”
Click the date link to register for that course section:
Participants will learn to analyze heat energy and the mold cooling management required to produce consistent, profitable parts. Participants systematically challenge the design of new molds and uncover molds through a development of best practices for mold.
Who Should Attend
This two-day course is tailored for designers, mold builders, tooling engineers, and mold technicians who want to understand and control the effects of mold cooling resulting in a more robust mold design, mold build, and molding process.
- Learn energy principles in relation to specific polymers
- Understand how Heat Transfer and Energy Flow affect part quality and cycle time
- Create Heat Budget and Balancing using Energy Flow calculations
- Understand Reynolds Number’s relationship to Turbulent Flow
- Learn Turbulent Flow’s impact on sustainable molding practices
- Study the 3 R’s of Scientific Cooling to develop and maintain efficient cooling setup and processes
- Review coolant delivery and distribution principles
- Discover water chemistry’s effect on cooling efficiency
- Participate in “Hands-On” activities to reinforce learning objectives