It is important that you take the required courses in sequence during the semester recommended. Otherwise you'll fall behind and potentially delay graduation.
In your seventh semester (Fall of senior year) you must take MGMT 475W followed by MGMT 476 in the Spring of your senior year.
Unless otherwise noted, these courses must be taken in the semester indicated in order for you to graduate on time!
Other Important Recommendations
- Prerequisites for MGMT 475W include: 7th semester standing; MGMT301; FIN 301; SCM 310; MKTG 301; ME 300 or MET 330; MCHT 213 or EMEC 213; EET 101 or EE 211
- MGMT 476 prerequisite in MGMT 475W in the semester immediately preceding MGMT 476 (the course is based on a two-semester project).
- Complete FIN 301, MKTG 301, MGMT 301 and SCM 310 prior to your seventh semester.
Advice for Transfers into the IBE Major
There are several paths from which a student may transfer. Depending on the semester in which the student makes the decision to transfer and the program from which the student transfers, although the program may be completed in four years, transfer may delay graduation. You should note that the capstone is only offered as a two-semester sequence in the Fall and Spring terms respectively.
- From other Penn State campuses: A student may take all or nearly all of the courses prescribed in the first two years at many of the Penn State campuses. The student should follow the first two years of the program to the extent possible. The RAP should be consulted. Students should contact Penn State Behrend at their earliest convenience regarding their intent to transfer to Behrend into IBE. Transfer should occur by the 5th semester so that graduation is not delayed. Critical issues include Math 140-141 sequence as well as science-based chemistry and physics. Students will meet the entrance to major requirements if they follow the RAP.
- From non-Penn State institutions: Depending on the offerings of their institution, a student may take all or nearly all of the courses prescribed in the first two years. The RAP should be consulted. Students should contact Penn State Behrend at their earliest convenience regarding their intent to transfer to Behrend into IBE. Transfer should occur by the 5th semester so that graduation is not delayed.
- From Engineering: The first year of Engineering is almost indistinguishable from IBE. If students enter the second year in Engineering with no business courses, extreme care must be given to scheduling to minimize the delay in graduation.
- From Engineering Technology : Transfer into IBE is reasonable although math and science credit transfer is taken on an individual basis.