This Month's Headlines:
- ALL CAMPUS EVENTS CANCELED FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEMESTER
- REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2020 COURSES HAS BEGUN
- FACULTY IN THE NEWS
- FACEBOOK PAGE
1. ALL CAMPUS EVENTS CANCELED FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEMESTER
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all campus events have been canceled for the remainder of the semester. This includes:
- All events planned for this weekend related to the retirement of Dr. John K. Gamble
- All student group meetings and activities
- All Public Policy Fund events
- The spring semester meeting of the Political Science Advisory Board
- The annual political science dinner
Events will be rescheduled for the fall semester, when possible.
2. PRE-REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2020 COURSES HAS BEGUN
If you will be a Penn State Behrend student in Fall 2020, here is the timetable of when you are able to register for Fall 2020 courses.
Fall 2020 Courses
- PL SC 001 - American Politics: Principles, Processes, and Powers (GS, US)
- PL SC 003 - Comparing Politics around the Globe (GS, IL)
- PL SC 007N - Contemporary Political Ideologies (GS/GH)
- PL SC 014 - International Relations (GS, IL)
- PL SC 017N - Introduction to Political Theory (GS/GH)
- PL SC 111 - Debating the Purpose of Government (GH)
- PL SC 178 - Organized Crime, Law, and Politics
- PL SC 200N - Comparative Politics of Europe (GS/GH)
- PL SC 220 - Politics of the Developing Areas (GS, IL, Other Cultures)
- PL SC 230 - American Political Campaigns and Elections (GS, US)
- PL SC 431 - Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance Political Theories
- PL SC 467 - International Relations of the Middle East
- PL SC 472 - The American Legal Process
- SOC 001 - Introductory Sociology (GS)
- SOC 012/CRIMJ 012 - Criminology (GS)
- SOC 013/CRIMJ 013 - Juvenile Delinquency (GS)
3. FACULTY IN THE NEWS
Dr. Robert Speel, Associate Professor of Political Science, was interviewed by the Sunbury Daily Item for three articles in March - one about Super Tuesday results, and two about the significance of (or lack of significance of) the upcoming Pennsylvania primary.
Dr. Lena Surzhko-Harned, Assistant Teaching Professor of Political Science, was the keynote speaker at the Erie Women's Club on March 10 on the topic of the status of women 100 years after the 19th amendment and the history and implications of International Women’s Day.
4. FACEBOOK PAGE
All students and alumni are invited to like the Penn State Behrend political science Facebook page and get updated news and find out about events.