Penn State Behrend’s cross country teams won the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championships on Oct. 30. Olivia Nola, a freshman from Erie, won the individual women’s title.
Other scores and highlights from last week:
- Medaille 1, Penn State Behrend 0
Goalkeeper Sam York, a junior from Akron, Ohio, made five saves – his most since a Sept. 29 win over John Carroll.
- Penn State Behrend 7, Medaille 0
Brenna McGuire, a senior from McDonald, scored four goals against Medaille, three of them in the first 12 minutes of the game.
Men’s cross country
- First (of five teams) at the AMCC championships in Alfred, New York
Phoenix Myers, a senior from Erie, led the Lions, finishing the 8K race in 29:47.63. He finished second in a field of 39 runners.
Women’s cross country
- First (of seven teams) at the AMCC championships in Alfred, New York
Olivia Nola, a freshman from Erie, won the individual title, finishing the 6K race in 26:57.53. She was nearly two minutes faster than the second-best finisher.
- Penn State Behrend 3, Mt. Aloysius 0
- Penn State Behrend 3, Medaille 0
For the second consecutive year, the Lions were undefeated in AMCC play. Kristin Reiland, a senior from Fairview, had 11 kills, six digs and five block assists against Mt. Aloysius. Dani Kosslow, a senior from Pittsburgh, added 31 assists and five aces.
Men’s swimming and diving
- Alfred State 164, Penn State Behrend 130
- Penn State Behrend 102, Chatham 50
Jake Schmidt, a graduate student from Erie, won three events against Alfred State: He finished first in the 100 freestyle (48.32), the 200 freestyle (1:48.73) and the 500 freestyle (5:08.58). He also swam a leg of the 400 free relay, which the Lions won.
Women’s swimming and diving
- Penn State Behrend 162, Alfred State 123
- Chatham 126, Penn State Behrend 105
The 400-meter free relay team – Marcella Puglia, Emma Webster, Aliya Webster and Bella Nadzam – won against Alfred State, finishing in 4:01.39. Julia Sank, a sophomore from North East, won the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events.
Men’s water polo
- Gannon 21, Penn State Behrend 14
The 14 goals against Gannon were the most scored by the Lions in a game this season. Ryan Carpico, a freshman from Skippack; Eugene Kruger, a freshman from Alpharetta, Georgia; and Ryan Kenney, a junior from Skippack, each scored three.
- Pitt-Bradford 825, Penn State Behrend 812
- Pitt-Bradford 803-Penn State Behrend 700
- Pitt-Bradford 4, Penn State Behrend 3 (Baker format)
Natalie Denny, a senior from Harborcreek, led the Lions with a total pinfall of 331. She also recorded a single-game high score of 191 points.
Scores, updates and video links for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.