The Penn State Behrend women’s bowling team swept Pitt-Bradford in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup. Bella Pilyih, a junior from Pittsburgh, hit 505 pins over the three games.
Behrend’s basketball, volleyball, track and field, swimming and diving and wrestling teams also were in action last week. Here are the scores and highlights:
- Penn State Altoona 65, Penn State Behrend 59
- Penn State Behrend 77, Hilbert 69
Matt McDonough, a freshman from Pittsburgh, scored a season-high 25 points against Hilbert. Stefan Milinkovic, a junior from Fairport, New York, scored 18 against Penn State Altoona.
- Penn State Behrend 103, Penn State Altoona 52
- Penn State Behrend 84, Hilbert 44
Rachel Majewski, a sophomore form Erie, scored a career-high 30 points against Penn State Altoona. Madilyn Boyer, a freshman from Saxonburg, added 19 points.
- Stevenson 3, Penn State Behrend 0
Owen Wienczkowski, a junior from Waterford, led the Lions with 10 kills. Setter Alex Jackson, a junior from Cochranton, had 30 assists.
Men’s track and field
Anand Bhambhwani, a senior from Pittsburgh, won the 60-meter hurdles at the Highlander Invitational in Houghton, New York, finishing in 8.83 seconds. Alex Cotton won the shot put, completing a throw of 13.43 meters. Islam Daghestani, a senior from Meadville, won the pole vault, clearing a height of 4.10 meters.
Women’s track and field
Madison Kappeler, a junior from Cecil, won the pole vault event at the Highlander Invitational in Houghton, New York. She cleared a height of 3.00 meters.
Men’s swimming and diving
- Gannon 211, Penn State Behrend 82
Tim Compton, a sophomore from Pittsburgh, won the 200 butterfly, finishing in 1:57.11. He also swam a leg of the 200 medley relay, which the Lions won. He joined Anthony Tumino, Will Perham and Dan Tanaskovic, finishing in 1:38.66.
Women’s swimming and diving
Gannon 237, Penn State Behrend 44
- Emma Webster, a junior from Bradford, placed second in the 200 backstroke, finishing in 2:19.31.
- Penn State Behrend 729, Pitt-Bradford 728
- Penn State Behrend 757, Pitt-Bradford 697
- Penn State Behrend 861, Pitt-Bradford 777
Ashley Debich, a junior from Leechburg, bowled a 188 in the third game.
- Ohio Wesleyan 48, Penn State Behrend 6
Mitchell Headley, a junior from Jamestown, won by pin in the 125-pound bout, earning his third pinfall of the season.
Scores, updates and video links for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.