The Penn State Behrend women’s soccer team opened Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference play with a 5-0 win over La Roche. Marlene Andrade, a freshman from Walnut Creek, California, scored in each half.
Behrend’s volleyball, cross country, tennis, golf and water polo teams also were in action last week. Here are the scores and highlights:
- Penn State Behrend 8, La Roche 1
- Penn State Behrend 2, Houghton 0
Lucas Pittman, a freshman from Plum, scored two goals and had an assist against La Roche. Blake Cooper, a junior from Murrysville, added three assists.
- Penn State Behrend 5, La Roche 0
- Case Western 1, Penn State Behrend 0
Trinity Prestash, a junior from Philipsburg, scored in the 27th minute against La Roche. Goalkeeper Riley Morningstar, a sophomore from North Huntingdon, made nine saves against No. 8-ranked Case Western.
- Penn State Behrend 3, Ursinus 0
- Penn State Behrend 3, William Patterson 2
- Penn State Behrend 3, Thiel 1
Hannah Phillips, a senior from Pittsburgh, had 20 kills against Thiel. Setter Meg Goodsel, a senior from Corry, had 49 assists and 15 kills.
Men’s cross country
- 14th (of 20 teams) in the 8K race at the Dickinson Invitational
- Ninth (of 21 teams) in the 4K race at the Dickinson Invitational
Kody Klein, a junior from North East, led the Lions in the 4K race, finishing in 12:47.1. He placed 31st in a field of 139 runners.
Women’s cross country
- 16th (of 24 teams) in the 6K race at the Dickinson Invitational
- 15th (of 20 teams) in the 4K race at the Dickinson Invitational
Olivia Nola, a junior from Erie, placed sixth in a field of 135 runners in the 4K race. She finished in 15:49.4.
- Penn State Behrend 6, Nazareth 3
The Lions won five of the six singles matches against Nazareth. Three of those matches went into tiebreakers.
- Penn State Behrend 9, Carlow 0
- Penn State Behrend 8, Thiel 1
The Lions are undefeated in AMCC play. Lindsey Kerlin, a freshman from Clearfield, won at No. 1 singles against Thiel, 6-0, 6-0. She partnered with Keri Saulino, a junior from Bethlehem, to win at No. 2 doubles, 8-0.
- Ninth (of 13 teams) at the Guy Kuhn Memorial Tournament at Meadville Country Club
Jake Caldwell, a senior from Belle Vernon, shot a two-day score of 154. He placed 31st in a field of 64 golfers.
- 10th (of 11 teams) at the Guy Kuhn Memorial Tournament at Meadville Country Club
Maddie Salter, a freshman from Walnutport, shot a two-day score of 171. She placed 28th in a field of 53 golfers.
Men’s water polo
- Salem 21, Penn State Behrend 4
- Mount St. Mary’s 16, Penn State Behrend 9
- McKendree 19, Penn State Behrend 4
- Gannon 15, Penn State Behrend 9
Jack Holl, a junior from Greenwich, Connecticut, scored three goals against Gannon. Ryan Carpico, a junior from Skippack, scored three against Mount St. Mary’s.
Scores, updates and video links for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.