ERIE, Pa. — The Penn State Behrend women’s soccer team exited the NCAA Division III tournament with a 2-1 loss to Rochester on Nov. 11. The Lions end their season with a record of 13-5-2.
Behrend’s basketball, volleyball, cross country, water polo, wrestling and bowling teams also were in action last week. Here are the scores and highlights:
- Penn State Behrend 81, Thiel 62
Matthew McDonough, a sophomore from Pittsburgh, scored 22 points against Thiel. Tommy DiRienzo, a senior from Pittsburgh, scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Asbury 95, Penn State Behrend 65
- Alma 69, Penn State Behrend 60
Rachel Majewski, a junior from Erie, scored 21 points against Alma. Alexis Furyes, a junior from Medina, Ohio, scored 15 against Asbury.
- Penn State Behrend 1, Franciscan 0
The Lions outshot Franciscan, 14-8, in the second round of the Eastern College Athletic Conference championships. Goalkeeper Sam York, a senior from Akron, Ohio, made three saves.
- Rochester 2, Penn State Behrend 1
Maddie Haggerty, a freshman from West Seneca, New York, scored off a direct kick in the 60th minute. Goalkeeper Riley Morningstar, a sophomore from North Huntingdon, made five saves.
- Alfred State 3, Penn State Behrend 0
Hannah Phillips, a senior from Pittsburgh, had 16 kills and a .371 attack percentage. She was named to the AMCC All-Tournament Team.
Men’s cross country
- Twelfth (of 25 teams) at the NCAA Division III Regional Championships
Kody Klein, a junior from North East, paced the Lions, finishing the 8K race in 25:28.0. He placed 26th in a field of 176 runners.
Women’s cross country
- Twelfth (of 20 teams) at the NCAA Division III Regional Championships
Olivia Nola, a junior from Erie, placed 31st in a field of 145 runners. She finished the 6K race in 22:45.1.
Men’s water polo
- Gannon 24, Penn State Behrend 17
- Mercyhurst 12, Penn State Behrend 11
Eli Anderson, a senior from Encinitas, California, scored five goals against Gannon. Eugene Kruger, a junior from Pleasanton, California, scored four.
- Eighth (of 17 teams) at the Washington & Jefferson Invitational
- Penn State Behrend 26, Pitt-Bradford 13
Matthew Caldwell, a freshman from Wheatfield, New York, won by pin in the 197-pound bout against Pitt-Bradford. Peyton Hearn, a senior from Conneaut Lake, won by technical fall in the 157-pound bout. He finished with a score of 18-1.
- Hilbert 754, Penn State Behrend 751
- Roberts Wesleyan 851, Penn State Behrend 820
- Saint Vincent 797, Penn State Behrend 764
- Penn State Behrend 731, Pitt-Greensburg 706
- Mercyhurst 858, Penn State Behrend 715
- Penn State Behrend 747, Ursuline 735
- D’Youville 884, Penn State Behrend 810
- Penn State Behrend 690, Baldwin Wallace 688
- Daemen 818, Penn State Behrend 771
- William Smith 923, Penn State Behrend 803
Bella Pilyih, a senior from Pittsburgh, led the Lions at the Daemen Storm Fall Classic, finishing with an average score of 174.40 in the traditional matches. She placed 17th in a field of 76 bowlers.
Scores, updates and video links for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.