At Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, we recognize that people are our most important asset, and that their safety is our greatest responsibility. It is every employee's responsibility to help create and foster a proactive safety mindset while actively working to make Behrend a safer place to work.
We are committed through management leadership and employee participation to:
- Creating and maintaining a safe and healthful workplace.
- Continuously improving our safety program and performance.
- Abiding by all applicable laws, regulations, and University policies.
- Integrating safety into our business planning, decision making, and daily activities.
- Providing resources and training along with continually communicating our safety policy to all employees and affected parties.
- Proactively managing safety risks and being prepared by doing table-top and live exercises.
- Continuously measure our progress and making adjustments where necessary.
Each of us plays a vital role in the completion of work in a safe manner. All employees are strongly encouraged to make safety and health an integral part of their daily activities. Employee recommendations to improve safety and health conditions are encouraged, and all will be given thorough consideration by our safety committee. Maintaining a safe work environment is a top priority of leadership and must be a personal goal of every employee. Please report any safety concerns directly to the following email address: [email protected]. Our commitment is to foster and support a safety culture that identifies risks and proactively addresses those risks before they become injuries or accidents.
Dr. Ralph M. Ford, Chancellor
R. Randall Geering, Senior Director of Operations
Rande L. Joy, Assistant Director of Operations and Safety Committee Chair