Penn State Behrend provides the following services for sexual assaults that occur on or off campus:
- Subsidizes basic rape-related care at UPMC Hamot, Millcreek Community Hospital, St. Vincent Hospital, and/or the Penn State Behrend Health and Wellness Center.
- Provides a dusk-to-dawn escort service for a safer alternative to walking alone. Call Police Services at 898-6101 to arrange for an escort.
- Provides the services of a victim/witness advocate through the Personal Counseling Office and the Crime Victim Center of Erie County. Services include support, information, court accompaniment, and referrals.
- Provides assistance, advocacy, and educational programming through the Health and Wellness Center.
- Provides sexual assault counseling, including crisis services, through the Personal Counseling Office.
- Offers "trauma drop", a procedure for the retroactive withdrawal from semesters or dropping of courses, for victims of violence. Contact the Health and Wellness Center or Personal Counseling Office for more information.
- Includes a policy statement on sexual assault and abuse in the Code of Conduct. Violations of the policy are subject to disciplinary proceedings through Judicial Affairs.
Assisting Victims of Sexual Assault
- Policy AD85: Sexual Assault, Relationship and Domestic Violence, and Stalking provides information about the services and reporting guidelines for sexual assault victims at Penn State.