PLEASE NOTE: If you have an online appointment, the Zoom room number will appear on the TutorTrac main menu page 15 minutes before your appointment.
Peer tutoring will be offered online and there will be limited tutoring offered in-person on campus by appointment only, following all safety precautions. All tutoring begins on Monday, August 31.
In the last few years, tutors have provided an average of more than 6,300 tutoring sessions to their peers. The Learning Resource Center offers tutoring in almost any subject. Services are free of charge, and sessions are available both by appointment and during drop-in hours, depending on the subject.
Guided Study Groups and Exam Prep Sessions are offered for a variety of foundation courses each semester. The schedule will change as a result of enrollment and attendance.
- Math: Primarily for courses through Calculus II, but depending on their backgrounds, tutors can help with physics and higher-level math courses.
- Writing: Tutors give editorial feedback on writing assignments for any course, including argument, whether assignment criteria have been met, style issues, grammar, etc. Appointments are preferred, although drop-in hours are available.
- Engineering: Primarily for first and second year courses (including math and physics), but depending on their backgrounds, tutors can help with higher-level courses.
- Business: Tutoring services are focused on economics and accounting; however, depending on the tutor, assistance for finance, supply chain management, and marketing may be possible.
- Other Subjects: Schedule an appointment with a tutor. See Appointment Scheduling Instructions; email your name and course title/number (e.g. ECON102) to [email protected]; or call 898-6140.
- Learning Strategies: Contact the LRC to arrange an appointment to learn more about effective strategies for success in your courses.
Interested in becoming a tutor? Find out how!