Penn State Behrend Vision
It is the vision of Penn State Behrend to be an open laboratory that prepares thinkers, leaders, and innovators to make a positive impact.
Penn State Behrend Mission
As a major college of one of the country’s foremost public universities, Penn State Behrend will:
- Cultivate an environment defined by academic rigor and individual support in which students grow in knowledge; gain critical thinking and communication skills; develop an ethical outlook; and engage with others different from themselves.
- Be an Open Laboratory, informed by the voices of both internal and external stakeholders, that brings students together with community, business, and industry partners to create valuable learning experiences and address economic, environmental, and social needs.
- Produce graduates who embody the standards and values of the college’s Vision of a Behrend Graduate, preparing them to make meaningful contributions to their professions, their communities, and the world around them.
- Pursue collaborative and interdisciplinary scholarship and research, both basic and applied, that creates new knowledge; advances professional practice; and contributes to human and economic well-being, sustainable development, and global understanding.
- Create pathways for students from diverse backgrounds to progress from elementary to postsecondary education to meaningful careers—advancing educational, economic, and social equity.
- Continuously improve in the delivery of education, research, operations, and outreach with a focus on student success, relevance, outcomes, return on investment, and value.