Full-semester programs ask for a listing of courses you might take abroad. All programs require at least one faculty recommendation, some require two.
Forms and application methods differ from program to program, but most are online and ask variations of the following questions:
- Why did you choose this program?
- What you will gain from living in another culture?
- Which graduation requirements will the courses you take overseas complete?
- How does studying abroad fit in with your career goals?
When you’ve narrowed your choice of program and are ready to make a decision and apply, schedule an appointment with Ruth Pflueger, director of the Learning Resource Center, to review the process that is required for that program. Call 814-898-6140 or email [email protected] with questions or to schedule an appointment.
Study abroad applications for Summer 2024 are due by June 1, 2023. Study abroad applications for the 2024–25 academic year are due by December 31, 2023.
Most programs follow this schedule:
- Spring: May 1; July 15; with final deadline for applications of September 10.
- Students are highly encouraged to apply early for spring programs.
- Most programs will continue to accept students until September 10, but this is not a guarantee. Students should apply by the May 1 early decision review date in order to be fully considered for their first choice of program.
- If a program meets capacity prior to September 10, it will be closed to further applications.
Summer: February 1
Fall: March 1
EXCEPTIONS to the above deadlines can be found in the Application Process description.